by Rev. Sunday Bwanhot | “The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zeph. 3:17.
Job rightly pointed out that: “Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble” Job 14:1. Jesus Christ concurred that in John 16:33: “In this world you will have trouble...” We individually have our share of troubles and some of us are going through the worst of it now. If you live a little longer you will yet face more problems.
Here is a short verse with five big promises affirming that you will not only survive your troubles but thrive in spite of them. “The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zeph. 3:17.
- God is with you. Jesus promised that He is with us to the very end of time. The Holy Spirit lives in us and will not depart. Don’t let your tears blind you from seeing God right beside you, walking you through your situation.
- Mighty to save. This is not just a confirmation that God can save; it does imply that He is actively engaged in saving you even right now.
- God delights in you. If we believe this fact, we will surrender all to God and not become overly anxious over our troubles.
- Quiet you with His love. Like a nursing mother, God will rock you to sleep while handling your troubles at the same time.
- Rejoice over you. Can you even begin to imagine God celebrating you with singing and even dancing? Be encouraged today dear friend. God is with you!
When faced with an enormous obstacle, it’s easy to fall into despair believing that the obstacle may be too big to solve. Regardless, we must have faith that nothing is too big or difficult for the Alpha and the Omega of our life to overcome.
Rev. Sunday Bwanhot is EMS/SIM Missionary. He serves as Team leader of SIM Culture Connexions; Pastors of ECWA Chicago.