NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
First (1st) Monday of every month is to be observed nationally and internationally as EMS prayer and fasting day. Therefore, all EMS arms, missionaries, office staff, prayer partners and supporters should please endeavor to join the EMS international head office in prayers. We join faith and trust God in one accord with brethren around the world for a steady and fruitful growth of the work of missions, peace and the salvation of nations, for revival and spiritual growth of the Church. Our cooperate prayer time at the head office is 8-9am, 12-1pm, and 3-4 pm. You can join us in prayers wherever you may be at those times or at your own convenience time as you are led by God. Please don’t forget to pray and fast.
- Praise God for the safety he has granted the EMS House of Hope consultant, Peter Fretheim, back to Nigeria.
- Praise God for the completion of the EMS House of Hope girls’ permanent site in Bassa and success of their packing to the building. Ask the Lord to bless everyone that contributed towards this project.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
“Give praise to the Lord, proclaim His name; make known among the nations what He has done” (Psalm 105:1, NIV)
- The EMS mission stations in Kurjale and Zanifawa are in dire need of roofing materials to roof their church building. Ask the Lord to grant them open doors to enable them to meet this need.
- Let’s keep praying for God’s divine protection and encouragement for missionaries and pastors working in the Borno areas as they are faced with recurrent terrorist attacks, especially in the villages.
- Pray for God’s provisions for some supporters in this region who had to withdraw their support due to economic challenges.
- Let’s keep praying for God’s provision to enable the pickup of the regional coordinator’s official apartment building project soon.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS ON OTHER EMS MISSION ARMS
“The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and the one who is wise saves lives” (Proverbs 11:30, NIV)
- Pray for God’s leading on the ongoing plans by EMS sport unit to visit and mobilize the youths in the EMS mission station in Chibok for an evangelistic friendly match aimed at encouraging them and preaching Christ to the unbelievers among them.
- Let’s not relent in asking the Lord to increase upon Rev. Emanuel Ali, the EMS Sports Ministry Coordinator, wisdom as he makes plans and raises funds for this trip.
- Pray for wisdom on Brother Mark Na’ah, EMS Crises Relief & Project Coordinator, as he plans, strategizes and makes proposals on how to raise support meant for crises victims in 2018.
- Pray for safety for Mark as he travels to carry out assignments.
- Let’s keep praying for God to provide resources needed by EMS to reach out to its targeted areas of crises victims around Nigeria.
- Pray for God’s healing on: Mrs. Daniel Bello (operated upon), Mrs. Waziri Jock, Miss Hannah Safa Atumga and Mrs. Musa M. Mato who was injected with an expired injection which resulted in injury.
- Let’s not relent in praying for EMS missionaries and their family members who are suffering from poor health.
- Safety in travels
- Provision of N2,500,000 (two million, five hundred thousand) needed for these programs
- Wisdom of coordination for Rev. Saleh James, the EMS Training Coordinator.
- Ask the Lord to grant new pupils and students to EMS children schools and to EMS field schools grace to acclimatize with the school environment to enable them to study effectively.
- Ask the Lord to grant all pupils and students excellent spirits for learning and to make them teachable.
- Ask the Lord to grant grace to all missionary teachers as they teach these kids effectively.
- Ask the Lord to provide resources for missionary parents to enable them to pay their children’s school fees for the new academic session.
EMS CITY MINISTRIES:
- Thank God for the success of City Ministries teachers’ training that was held in Gyero. Ask the Lord to grant the participants clarity to put all they learnt into practice.
- Pray for the new kids brought into the ministry that the staff would be able to minister to them effectively.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS BORDERS MISSION FIELDS
“Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other” (Isaiah 45:22, NIV)
ECWA BENIN REPUBLIC
- Thank God for ECWA Fidjosse, Benin Republic Church for their financial aid and commitment to supporting EMS of ECWA Porto Novo field. Ask for more of God’s blessings on this church.
- Pray with Rev. & Mrs. Sodji Alfred for God’s provision for the sustenance of the two prayer houses and the hospital ministry under their care in Benin Republic.
- Pray for more opportunities for the Sodjis in Cotonou, Benin Republic to share the Gospel.
- Pray for the completion of the registration process of ECWA Benin Republic; they are at the last stage of the registration process.
ECWA BURKINA FASO:
- Pray for second ECWA Church Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso; they need chairs, zinc and lumber to construct a church batcher for a temporary place of worship.
- Pray for the spiritual growth of the new converts at Sonre, the second ECWA Church in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- Pray for Elise Saiba’s children in Burkina Faso, since their father went to prison in March 2017 they have left school. They were unable to pay for their last term school fees due to the fact that all their family members are Muslim and he is the only Christian. Pray for God to provide support for the payment of his children’s school fees.
INAUGURATION OF ECWA MALAWI: The long awaited inauguration trip to Malawi commenced today the 24th. Ask the Lord to grant safety in travels and for the success of the entire program that is expected to last until the 31st October 2017.
ECWA BURKINA FASO: Since the inception of ECWA Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso Church, Pastor & Mrs. Dauda lIiya have been sponsoring a boy (Dakissaha Fatas) in school with their tithes and offering and now the number of the needy has increased to four (4) children in the Church. They need a total of 120,000 FCFA, equivalent in Naira is about N5O, 000 only, please pray for God to provide towards meeting these needs.
ECWA MALI CHURCH:
- Praise God for the journey mercies granted to Sister Endurance who was rescued from human traffickers in Mali. She safely traveled back from Mali to Delta State, Nigeria and we are trusting God that the EMS missionaries in that area will continue her discipleship to encourage her spiritual growth.
- Ask that God should grant wisdom and favor as plans are ongoing to send Hamidu to Nigeria for theological training. Pray that God’s will should prevail.
- Pray that the prison ministry Rev. Amah has embarked upon in Mali will be sustained. The evangelist who volunteered to work with him has finally returned to Nigeria due to hardship in Mali. Pray for God to provide a suitable replacement.
ECWA MALI CHURCH:
- The foundation-laying process of the permanent site of ECWA Mali has begun in earnest to the glory of God; 300,000 FCFA has been spent on 1,011 blocks, iron rods, and 10 bags of cement. Please continue praying for the completion of this project.
- Rev. Amah’s film ministry in Mali is facing a great setback due to projector malfunction and no good repairers available in Mali; pray for a miracle in that regard please.
ECWA CHAD REPUBLIC:
- Pray for the motivation of EMS missionaries in Niger Republic to keep focused in ministry.
- Pray for the commitment of ECWA Maradi church members to Christ and the study of God’s Word.
- Let’s continue to pray and trust God for the recovery of ECWA land in Niamey. Rev Likita reports that to the glory of the Lord, the judge that God has brought our way is able to trace the reality and the validity of the plots of land situated at Hamdallaye.
- Pray for the speedy signing of ECWA Niger Republic documents by the respective government ministries toward getting our operational permit.
- ECWA Maradi is in dire need of musical instruments. Pray for God’s provision towards meeting these needs soon.
- Praise God for several young people who recently dedicated their lives to Christ in Zenu Church in Ghana; ask that they grow in faith and be able to preach Christ to their peers.
- Praise God for the provision of a motor bike to help Pastor Ribina in his ministry in Tamale Ghana. Ask that God will bless Rev. Dr. Habila Shuaibu and General Bakowhome whom he used to meet that need.
- The church in Adewukwa is trusting God to embark on a pastorium project; pray for God’s open door.
- George Mwila in Zambia, whom we prayed for last two months, has by God’s grace begun a church and has also secured an accommodation as prayed for. Praise God for answered prayers! Pray that He sustains the mission works in Kabwe and Kapiri.
- Pray for the city of Ndola, the capital of the copper-belt province in Zambia, a survey was made for church planting.
- Pray for Mrs. Kuzasuwat in her efforts to reach young girls in some Zambian communities, ask God for wisdom and funds as she teaches them God’s Word and other skills
- ECWA KENYA: Let’s keep praying for Pastor Peter M. Mutunga’s need to buy a land in Utawala and a bus for the ECWA Kenyan School.
- UGANDA: EMS is passionately praying to send a missionary couple to be part of the Ugandan harvest. Pray that the Lord will raise a mission-minded couple to be sent and for the resources needed for their upkeep.
Thank you for praying with us in the month of October.
More grace and god’s blessings as you relentlessly pray with us through 2017.