EMS OF ECWA
PRAISE & PRAYER, NOVEMBER 2016
Prayer/Counseling hotline: 08033673654, 08051614880
Brethren, pray for us (1 Thess. 5:25)
WEEK ONE-FOCUS ON PRAISE/THANKSGIVING
“Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever”. Psalm 106:1
Thank God for His sustaining Grace on all EMS missionaries and mission stations throughout the month of October. Praise God for safety in travels and for the success of programs carried out throughout the month of October in all EMS mission stations.
Praise God for the life of a traditional Chief Priest in Keffi, Mideast Region who encountered Jesus. Ask God to help him grow in faith. THURSDAY 3RD:- Praise God for his provision and for the success of the roofing of Obi mission station in Benue state Nigeria. The church is to be inaugurated and wean this month. Pray for the success of the program planning and for the success of the entire program.
Praise God for the safe arrival of a bouncing baby boy into the Family of Mr. and Mrs. Silas M. Agang. Ask the Lord to raise this child in His fear and wisdom.
Praise God for the success of the women’s conference and convention that was held in EMS mission station, Malawi. Ask the Lord to help all the women who participated to be able to put all they leant into practice.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE AND HOME MISSION FIELDS
“Those who manifest wisdom will shine like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars for ever and ever”. Daniel 12:3
SUNDAY 6TH ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD OFFICE
Praise God for the safety granted to the EMS Director, the Cross Border’s Coordinator and other delegates who traveled from the Headquarters in Nigeria to Togo for ECWA Pastors’ induction and training of Togo ECWA missionaries. The training and ordination went well. Pray that those who were licensed and ordained will prove more effective in leadership and spiritual responsibility as they receive grace from the Lord.
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THERERFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. AS WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND A FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE, IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 4-5PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED TO BY GOD. PLEASE. JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
MONDAY 7TH NORTH CENTRAL REGION, JOS
Pray for the following EMS supporters in this region who are faced with health challenges:
- Mrs. Rhoda Yunusa (pray for God’s healing on her).
- Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Mashi (both are sick).
- Mr. and Mrs. Mamut; their son has been sick for about 8 years.
TUESDAY 8TH MID EAST REGION-LAFIA
Rev. Dantala had an accident on Saturday, October 1, 2016. He is a Pastor working in Panda DCC. Presently he is receiving treatment at National Hospital Abuja at the cost of N45, 000 per day. Ask the Lord to grant him speedy recovery and for financial opening to foot his medical bills.
WEDNESDAY 9TH MID CENTRAL REGION-KAGORO
- The recurrent attacks of the Fulani hades men in the Godogodo/Gidan waya access of this region in recent times has not only displaced people from their homes, but has also resulted to a stop of 13 churches from worshiping. Pray for God’s intervention to enable the displaced go back to their homes and to their churches.
- Also pray that these brethren will not give up on their faith but will rather like the brethren of old spread the gospel wherever they are.
- Pray for those wounded for healing and comfort for those who lost family members.
THURSDAY 10TH CENTRAL REGION-ABUJA
Ask the Lord to provide resources to this region to enable it expand and complete the class rooms building projects in Wana, Ménage, and Makundu mission field schools.
FRIDAY 11TH FAR NORTH REGION-KANO
Ask the Lord to intervene in the life of a Muslim convert who has being arrested and detained by the Islamic group call Hisba in Kano state Nigeria.
SATURDAY 12TH EMS SPORT MINISTRY
Sport Ministry has proven to be very effective in reaching out to young people in recent times. A good number of young people with their families in Burkina Faso who encountered Jesus through this ministry are being discipled and as a result, a church is been planted to enable these converts meet for fellowship.
- Pray for more of God’s grace on Pas. Dauda Iliya, the EMS missionary to Burkina Faso as he keep reaching out through Sport and also disciple these converts.
- Ask the Lord to help the converts to grow in faith.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS IS ON HOME MISSION FIELDS, MISSION AGENCIES, REVIVAL AND CHRISTIAN HOMES.
SUNDAY 13TH SOUTH EAST
Pastor Sunday Nsikan was involved in a fire disaster that could have claimed his life; but praise God for His intervention and also ask Him (God) to perfect His healing on the injuries he (Sunday) sustained.
MONDAY 14TH SOUTH NORTH EAST REGION
EMS Mission station Rafin Kada is faced with a challenge of a Church land dispute. Pray for God’s intervention in favor of the church.
TUESDAY 15TH EMS CITY MINISTRIES
Praise God for the successful dedication of the girls transition house at Bassa and the commissioning of two class rooms and a football field at Gyero center in Jos Plateau State, Nigeria. Pray for God’s blessings on all who contributed in one way and another to making these projects a reality.
WEDNESDAY 16TH MISSION AGENCIES
Praise God for the faithful efforts of mission agencies the likes of EMS, NEMA, GCM, FCS, NIFES,SIM, Navigators, etc. striving to take the gospel to the unreached in deferent parts of the world; ask God to meet their every needs as he crowns their effort with success.
THURSDAY 17TH MISSIONARY KIDS
Every child needs to recognize his need for a personal walk with God—to really know God, not to just learn about Him:
- Pray that the missionary kids would establish their own spiritual lives, be filled with the Holy Spirit and walk with Him daily.
- Pray that the MKs would have a hunger for the Word of God be strong in Christ, be an example to others, mature and be faithful (I Timothy 4:12).
- Pray that they would take the opportunity to reach out to the lost while they are in the field with their parent and when they are away from home.
FRIDAY 18TH REVIVAL
Our lifestyle has often led unbelievers to insult and attack God’s very nature and character:
- Ask the Lord, to rise up and awaken us His people to the reality of His presence in our midst and in so doing transform our lives into the character of Christ that He desire to see in us.
- Ask Him to revive us His people so that we may rejoice in Him and demonstrate in our lives the awesome, transforming power of Jesus Christ in His Church.
- Ask the Lord to raise a victorious prayer army (you inclusive) to stand in the gap in our generation, a people who shall call upon him day and night and live righteously.
SATURDAY 19TH CHRISTIAN HOMES
Matt 24:12 “Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold”. With the recurrent peace and economical challenges we are faced with around the world, we see the reality of Matt 24:12 unfolding by the day. ASK THE LORD TO
Help us to recognize the needs, respect the struggles, and support each other through this trying time. Help us to think before we judge. Help us to put ourselves in each other’s places. Help us to recognize the struggles that each of us face daily through our acts and thoughts of compassion and empathy. Help care for one another through His grace and love.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS BOARDERS MISSION FIELDS
"I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.” Luke 4:43-44 NIV
SUNDAY 20TH CROSS BORDERS CRITICAL NEED
EMS is still trusting God for the sum of about N300M that is urgently needed for various critical Cross Borders Projects. Let’s not relent in praying for this need.
MONDAY 21ST MALAWI
- The church in Malawi is trusting God to conduct a zonal leadership seminar before the year runs out. Pray for God’s provision, divine inspiration for resource persons and for safety for all participants.
- The church is trusting God to complete the connection of water to the church land, with which they can start the church building project. Pray for God’s provision of funds to this effect.
TUESDAY 22ND ZAMBIA
- Praise God for the testimonies of transformation among the ECWA Zambian members. Ask the Lord to increase upon them grace to keep growing in faith.
- Ask the Lord to water the seed of the gospel that was planted in the hearts of people during the outreach held last month in the Central Province of Zambia.
- Ask the Lord to grant Rev. & Mrs. Kuzasuwat favor before the Hospital Management as they approaches them on the need to renew their evangelism permit in the hospital.
WEDNESDAY 23RD GHANA
- Thank God for the safety granted to Rev. Nadabo during his brief visit to Nigeria to raise support for Ghana Mission Fields’ Projects.
- Thank God for the provision of medicines/drugs, towards a medical outreach the ECWA Ghana Church is planning before the year runs out.
THURSDAY 24TH BENIN REPUBLIC
- Praise God for the testimonies of spiritual growth in the Benin church, and for His presence with the missionary, Pastor & Mrs. Sodji. Ask the Lord to increase upon them grace to keep growing in faith and in ministry.
- Ask the Lord to grant ECWA Benin Republic favor before the government as it is prayerfully trusting God for a permanent permit to be granted soon to enable the Church operate as a registered organization in the Country.
FRIDAY 25TH CHAD REPUBLIC
- ECWA Chad is divided into 8 districts and there are 8 supervisors assigned to work with Missionaries within the 8 districts. Pray for God's divine protection as these 8 districts supervisors cover distances to supervise the districts and mission fields.
- Pray for God’s intervention on the financial transaction problem that EMS of ECWA Chad is facing due to the devaluation of Nigerian currency which is making things too difficult both for the Coordinators and the Missionaries alike.
SATURDAY 26TH BURKINA FASO
- Praise God for the Growth of ECWA Burkina Faso, this is evident by the new church planted by Pastor Thomas Joshua, in Dantuali community with 32 new converts who are the pioneering members.
- Pray for God to provide 3 motorcycles, for our Missionaries in Burkina Faso, 500 French Bibles for ministry and a permanent place of worship.
Pray for Issakar one of the Muslim background believer; he is seriously facing persecution and has been driven out from home and also in dire need of school fees amounting to 60, OOOF for this year and a balance of 20, OOOF for last year fees.
"WEEK FIVE: FOCUS ON CHURCH LEADERS AND THE NATIONS’ LEADERS“Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God…” Hebrews 13:7
SUNDAY 27TH CHURCH LEADERS
Let’s pray for our leaders’ purity:
Pray for Sexual purity in the lives of all spiritual leaders, especially in our highly sexualized society. That they will die to sexual temptations.
Pray that they would be pure in their conduct, blameless, meaning “above reproach” (1 Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:6–7).
Pray that their counsel would be pure and not lead others into sin, and that they would be wise not to undermine the task of great commission (Math.28:18-20).
Pray that they would lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and be free to run with endurance the race that is set before them (Hebrews 12:1).
Pray that the words of their teaching would be pure, not deceptive (2 Corinthians 2:17). “We who teach will be judged with greater strictness” (James 3:1).
MONDAY 28TH NIGERIA LEADERS
Pray for President Buhari, that God will give him wisdom to govern.
Pray that the Vice President, Prof Osinbajo, would be like Joseph in the courts of Pharaoh. Pray that he will continue to find favor before God and men, especially President Buhari.
Pray that Osinbajo would not be intimidated but will be bold to defend the church.
TUESDAY 29TH NIGERIAN PEOPLE
Praise God for the freedom of the 21 chibok girls. Pray for healing of the trauma they are going through currently.
Praise: God for better military cooperation and joint operations between Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroon. Pray for the final push into Boko-Haram’s strong hold and the release of all the hostages. (Jer.33:9). Also pray for God to move powerfully through Nigeria’s people, bringing healing and reconciliation. (2Ch.6:19)
Pray: for an end to the Hausa-Fulani Muslim religious sentiments in order to conquer and dominate the Middle Belt region. (Pr.21:15).
WEDNESDAY 30TH NATIONS OF THE WORLD
Ask the Lord to wake up world leaders who are Christians! Remind them to redeem the time, to listen to His words, to be willing to make a difference in the place He has placed them so that their influence will enhance the propagation of the gospel.
Pray for all those in authority, (national leaders) that God would give them His wisdom and discernment as they lead.
MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU FOR STANDING IN THE GAP IN PRAYER WITH US THROUGH THIS MONTH!!!