NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THEREFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSIONS, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FO R REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED BY GOD. PLEASE, JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
THURSDAY 1ST: Praise God for graciously sustaining EMS and all its staff from the month of January to the 8th month of 2019; a lot has been achieved so far, many unreached lands have been explored and souls have been impacted, all to the glory of God.
FRIDAY 2ND: Thank you for praying and Praise God for answering all our prayers especially for the miraculous and safe release of some of our missionaries who were kidnaped at one point in time and another during the last few months; let’s keep praying for the safety of all missionaries as we do for ourselves.
SATURDAY 3RD: Praise God for His provisions of 3 sets of desktop computers, 3 desks and chairs, and a big photocopier donated to EMS children school in Jos by a faithful donor from ECWA Worship Centre, Gwarinpa in Garki DCC; also praise God for His Grace on the Central Regional Coordinator, Rev. Gambo Ayuba who made effort to secure these items for EMS School.
SUNDAY 4TH: Praise God for the successful roofing of the Purkutuma class rooms, God have provided the means for them, which cost them the sum of two hundred and fourty two thousand seven hundred naira only (N242, 700) for the roofing, and now they have more pupils in the School which makes the number of seventy six (76) student, in the school, Let’s pray to God to open more doors for the success of this school.
MONDAY 5TH: Praise God for the long awaited skill acquisition program to be carried out in the Mali Women prison; it finally took off in the month of February 2019.Ask the Lord will sustain it.
TUESDAY 6TH: Praise God for the new converts won by Rev. John Gada in Niamey, Niger Republic. The Lord is adding to the number of the church, glory to His name. Pray for God’s grace for them to grow spiritually.
WEDNESDAY 7TH: Praise God for helping Rev. & Mrs. John Gada to start literacy classes in Niamey and Torodi with youths who are very excited about the program and are inviting their friends; the parents of the youths have shared how happy they are. Praise God!
THURSDAY 8TH: Praise God for the life of (M.M and H. Saddou) two fellows in Niger Republic who gave their life to Christ and are beginning their baptism class in preparation to their baptism and discipleship; ask the Lord to pen them up the more to the gospel and also increase upon them grace to persevere.
FRIDAY 9TH: Praise God for successful starting of ECWA THEOLOGICAL SAMINARY IN TOGO in the month of September 2018 and its progress up till date; ask the Lord to increase grace on all the instructors in this new Bible School.
SATURDAY 10TH: Praise God for ECWA Youth Fellowship in Zambia for the progress that is being recorded in their 2019 programs; ask that the Lord will increase grace upon them as they trust Him to achieve more before the year runs out.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
Therefore they spent a long time there speaking boldly with reliance upon the Lord, who was testifying to the word of His grace, granting that signs and wonders be done by their hands. Acts 14:3
SUNDAY 11TH EMS ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD OFFICE: Pray for EMS Administrative staff who are on their annual leave of rest; ask the Lord to enable them rest and to also grant them safety as they travel during their leave.
MONDAY 12TH EMS BOARD MEMBERS: Pray that EMS BOARD MEMBERS will increase in wisdom as they deliberate and advice EMS on its mission strategies for the remaining months of the year.
TUESDAY 13TH ECWA EXECUTIVES: Pray that each and every day grace of utterance will be granted to our leaders that they will open their mouths boldly and courageously as they should to get the Gospel to the people; and to also speak to people to get involved in missions.
- Ask that the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might and the spirit of knowledge shall increase upon them daily.
WEDNESDAY 14th ECWA MINISTERS/STAKEHOLDERS: Pray that ECWA MINISTERS/STAKEHOLDERS shall be called the priests of the Lord. Pray that no weapon that is formed against them shall prosper and that any tongue that rises against them in judgment shall be shown to be in the wrong, Pray that they live daily with the consciousness of their calling to preach the Gospel to the meek, the poor, the wealthy and the afflicted; to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the physical and spiritual captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound. (Isa 11:2, 3).
THURSDAY 15TH EMS SUPPORTERS: Pray that God will prosper EMS SUPPORTERS abundantly; physically, spiritually and financially. (Isa 61:1, 6; Isa 54:17).
FRIDAY 16TH IN DIRE NEED OF MISSIONARIES: Due to the increase in church planting that is currently going on in various Mission Fields and many other discovered unreached areas within and outside Nigeria, there is an urgent need of more Missionaries. Ask the Lord of the harvest to raise more missionary sponsors for EMS to enable us send out workers to these mission fields.
SATURDAY 17TH GOMBE: let’s keep praying for pray God’s intervention over the challenge of insecurity that has become a big issue facing the mission work today as missionaries have to flee some stations and other targeted places are very difficult to take missionaries to.
- Pray that our missionaries in this region will be abundantly wise and discerning as well as filled with love for those whom they will serve and share the gospel with.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
“And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence.” Acts 4:29
SUNDAY 18th NORTH WEST REGION – KADUNA: Pray for the stations in this region with a lot of pressure from jihadist especially in kasuwan magani, Kaduna South, Katari and Kaduna Central DCCs. Pray for the missionary in Kunkumi Zaria DCC who suffer constant theft in his residence
- Ask God to protect missionaries in this region with their families and to grant them boldness, wisdom and utterance to preach the gospel against all odds.
- Pray for completion of the coordinator’s house project in kwassam, it has reached a roofing stage to the glory of God.
MONDAY 19th EMS WIDOWS/WIDOWERS: Pray for God’s protection and provisions for EMS Widows and Widowers. Pray also that God will deliver them from all forms of temptations.
TUESDAY 20TH EMS RETIREES: Pray for EMS Retirees for them to be willing and open for God to use them as though they are in active service. Pray for good health and financial provision for them and their families.
WEDNESDAY 21ST: EMS CRISES RELIEF & PROJECT UNIT:
- Pray that God in His providence will look with mercy on His servants who are been persecuted for their faith in Him; that God will grant them perseverance and courage to be worthy imitators of Christ.
- Pray for God’s comfort to victims of crisis in Nigeria and beyond and for God to provide resources needed by EMS/ECWA to reach out to its’ targeted areas of crises victims around Nigeria.
THURSDAY 22ND EMS CHILDREN AND FIELD MISSION SCHOOL: since the ending of March up till now, we are experiencing perennial water shortage in our missionary children schools in Jos and in Kufana- Gombe. As a result there is an urgent need for a new bore hole that is deep enough to produce water for the school otherwise, untold difficulty awaits us in our effort to educate our children.
- There is an urgent need for missionary teachers in our mission field schools, Maje, Boko, Fali Makeri, and others. Pray that God will open door for supporters in order to recruit more missionary teachers.
FRIDAY 23RD EMS SPORTS MINISTRIES: Pray for communities were our missionaries are working to encourage local children’s football teams which will serve as a channel to reaching out to children through sports.
- Pray for EMS missionaries who are using sports as a tool for ministry to be effective and also enjoy good relationships.
SATURDAY 24TH EMS HOUSE OF HOPE: Pray that the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might and the spirit of knowledge shall rest upon EMS House of Hope (gidan bege) ministry staff; Pray that they live daily with the consciousness of their responsibilities to God as they reach out to the children under their care.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS-BORDERS MISSION FIELDS
“And he entered the synagogue and continued speaking out boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.” Acts 19:8
SUNDAY 25TH CROSS BORDERS CRITICAL NEED: EMS is still trusting God for the sum of about N854M that is urgently needed for various critical Cross Borders Projects. Let’s not relent in praying for this need.
MONDAY 26TH ECWA REPUBLIC OF GHANA: Pray for understanding and unity among the Ghana field workers.
- Pray that the work there will progress and that there would not be any discouragement among them.
- Pray for the progress of the churches in both southern and northern Ghana. There are issues of land that are not yet resolved; ask the Lord to intervene in the situation.
- Pray for the ECWA Mission School that is run by Rev. & Mrs. Tortuman; ask the Lord to give them the wisdom and the funds to make the school impactful to the community.
TUESDAY 27TH: ECWA NIGER REPUBLIC: Pray for our missionaries in Niger Republic to be faithful, focused and committed in their duty posts as missionaries.
- Pray for the completion of the registration of ECWA Niger Republic with the government.
- Pray for the visit of the evangelism team from Maradi, Niger Republic to Garum Bankassam in Dosso region for a successful ministry as they reach out to others.
- Pray for Rev. Kanawa and his team for wisdom and material/financial opening as they plan and organize a “Missionaries and Their Wives Seminar in Niger Republic”. They need support both financially and spiritually.
WEDNESDAY 28th ECWA CHAD REPUBLIC: Praise God for the provision of funds to enable the digging of 3 boreholes in three mission stations (Domo Dissou, Leo Villi, Kaourang Tchogo). Pray for more support to enable the digging of more boreholes and wells, as water provision is an efficient access to ministry in new places.
- Praise God for grace on the missionaries to start 6 new mission stations in the northern part of Chad Republic. Pray for the progress of these 6 new mission fields started among those unreached ethnic groups. Pray for God’s provision for the support of the missionaries working in those locations, also pray that the residents of these locations will be open and receptive to the gospel of Jesus.
THURSDAY 29th ECWA MALI: Keep praying for our support base concerning the work progress in the ECWA Mali permanent site in Koubala Coura, Baguineda Mali. Construction in Mali is really expensive; a trip of gravel is 400,000 FCFA, sand 80,000 FCFA, cement 5,000 FCFA per bag, etc. Ask that the Lord grant them favor and more open doors that they don’t run out of recourse to complete the work.
- Pray for more soul-winning strategies for the Amahs and Solomon in Mali, as they are presently planning their next step with the Fulani families they are reaching out to.
FRIDAY 30th ECWA TOGO: Pray for God’s providence for us to be able to acquire church lands in the following locations: Zanguera (N 7.5m), Notse (N3m), Pagouda (N400,000,) and University (N20m). These places are the major “city centers” in Togo and are in dire need of the gospel. The already existing mission stations in these places are making good progress and need permanent places of worship to enable the church to grow well.
SATURDAY 31st ECWA GAMBIA: Praise God for the ministry of Rev. Dominic Mwat and family who appreciates God for bringing to the church a young Gambian to assist him when he was worried about Timothy Monday one of the disciples who was brought to the seminary in Nigeria. God made it that the boy brought along with him other friends among which are unbelievers who gave their life to Christ during one of their meetings. Pray that these once that are added to the fold will wax stronger in their faith daily.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US THROUGH THE MONTH OF AUGUST 2019. MAY THE LORD RENEW YOUR STRENGTH AND ALSO INCREASE UPON YOU GRACE AS YOU CONTINUE WITH US IN THIS PARTNERSHIP. SHALOM!!!
Author: Rev. Simon Yako
Rev. Simon Yako is the EMS of ECWA Director. Rev. and Mrs. Simon Yako were the first couple to be sent to Togo, both graduates of Jos ECWA Theological Seminary (JETS), started work with EMS of ECWA as volunteer workers as far back as 1985, and were formally engaged as EMS Missionaries three years later on July 6th 1988. On their initial engagement, they were sent to a home Mission in Ibil, Cross Rivers State.