EMS OF ECWA
PRAISE & PRAYER, AUGUST 2017
Prayer/Counseling hotline: 08033673654, 08051614880
Brethren, pray for us (1 Thess. 5:25)
WEEK ONE – FOCUS IS ON PRAISE/THANKSGIVING FROM HOME AND CROSSBOARDER MISSION FIELDS
“Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits." Ps 103:2
Praise God for His sustaining grace on all our missionaries and their mission stations at home and abroad through the month of July. Praise Him for safety in travels and provision of missionaries’ salaries the past seven months.
The church building at Danhabi mission station in Kano DCC has been on our prayer list for some time now; to the glory of God, progress has been recorded as the building has been raised and roofed. Praise God for His provision thus far, and ask that more funds be provided for the building to be fully completed.
Praise God for the new converts recorded through the film evangelism of Rev. Amah in Mali; pray for spiritual growth as these new believers are discipled.
- Praise God for granting ECWA Mali the official registration certificate from Mali’s government. ECWA Mali is now officially recognized and accepted to operate.
Praise God, ECWA Niger Republic is gradually taking its rightful place in the social role of the church in the community. The State and Municipal Council are now aware of the church presence and her service to the area.
- Thank God for the success of the baptism of some of the members of 1st ECWA Maradi, Niger Republic.
Praise God for sustaining Pastor & Mrs. Dauda lIiya, who have spent four years of ministry in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- Praise God for bringing mission-minded people to ECWA Ouagadougou Church as there are four (4) evangelists working with the church.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON HOME MISSION FIELDS
“Those who manifest wisdom will shine like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars for ever and ever”. Daniel 12:3
The EMS director with some of the EMS regional coordinators and other mission-minded brethren were in Uganda for a mission outreach and consultation. Praise God for safety granted them on this trip. Ask the Lord to lay the ground work for evangelism and the planting of churches in the unreached areas of Uganda by the EMS of ECWA.
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THERERFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND A FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSION, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE, IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED TO BY GOD. PLEASE, JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
SOUTHEAST REGION: Ask the Lord to raise committed, indigenous missionaries and missionary sponsors for new mission stations in the Southeast Region.
MID CENTRAL REGION: Pastor Jonathan Waje, a missionary under Zankuwa DCC, lost his motor bike to hoodlums. Ask the Lord to make provision for the replacement of this motor bike and that the thieves will encounter the Lord.
CENTRAL REGION: Ask the Lord to bless the donors of the land in Lokoja on which the foundation for the DCC EMS Coordinator’s house was laid on the 5th of July 2017. Another donor, Mr. Bulus, donated a land for a church building in Kakuda Village, Keffi. In addition, the Chief of Katankpe in Bwari graciously gave a parcel of land to EMS. Ask the Lord to make provision for the development of these lands and many others in our various mission fields.
FAR NORTH REGION-MALUNFASHI: The regional coordinator’s official Toyota Hilux, that was involved in an accident sometime last year while transferring a missionary from Kano to Gombe, has by God’s grace been fixed and is now in use. Ask the Lord to bless the many who gave to have the vehicle fixed; also pray for God’s continuous divine protection over all our regional coordinators and EMS drivers in all their travels.
MID-EAST REGION-LAFIA: The Agam, Azharuma, Angwan Odurgbo, and Akum mission stations are reported to have been faced with recurrent attacks by Fulani herdsmen. Ask the Lord for divine intervention in these mission fields and for increased grace on missionaries and their families working in these areas.
NORTH WEST REGION – KADUNA:The Great Commission training materials (assoc. with Campus Crusade in the US) are currently being used to train missionaries in this region. Ask the Lord to make this training fruitful and that all participants will be impacted and be able to put to practice what they have learned.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS ON OTHER EMS MISSION ARMS
EMS TRAINING UNIT
- We need about N1, 500,000.00 (one million, five hundred thousand naira) to provide a stipend of N25,000 to each of our sixty missionaries-in-training for 2017.Pray for God's provision.
- Pray also for the provision of N900, 000.00 to enable us to carry out our retirees' seminar for 2017.
EMS MEDICAL UNIT
- Ask the Lord to protect missionary doctors and nurses and all He has called to practice the arts of healing the sick and preventing disease in various mission fields. Pray that He strengthens them in body and soul as He blesses their work.
- Also pray for God’s healing on EMS missionaries and their family members who might be suffering ill health.
EMS CITY MINISTRIES
- The ministry is in dire need of a house parent for Girls’ Transition House in Jos; ask the Lord to grant us a woman after His heart with a passion for ministering to under-privileged young women.
- Pray for the finances to enable us to carry out the expected restructuring of the City Ministries’ head office in Jos.
- Pray for God’s blessings on Mr. & Mrs. Peter Michael Lauritzen who had invested their time, energy and resources into the City Ministries and by God’s grace have completed their services with CME and are now back to their home country. Also pray that the Lord will guide them as they focus on other aspects of ministry.
EMS CHILDREN’S SCHOOL/EMS FIELD SCHOOLS
Ask the Lord to grant divine protection to all our students during the long vacation. Pray that they enjoy a wonderful time with their parents and that they live out the good morals and spiritual lessons they were taught in school.
EMS CRISES RELIEF & PROJECT UNIT
- Ask the Lord to help the church to feel His heart for the orphans as seen in Psalm 68:5-6. “A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows…”
- Ask the Lord to help the church and every Christian to live out Proverbs 31:8 “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. “
- Pray for the fatherless and widows in your community. Ask the Lord to protect them, to care for them and to defend them.
- Pray for converts/believers who have been rejected by family and friends. Pray that God would surround them with a new Christian “family" who will love and support them emotionally and physically.
- Pray for God to be an advocate for women who are socially vulnerable or have lost the custody of their children because of their Christian faith.
EMS SPORT UNIT: Pray for the missionaries who engage in sports ministry in their mission fields. Ask the Lord to bring children of all ages who will in turn reach their communities for the Kingdom.
WEEK FOUR – FOCUS ON CROSS BORDER MISSION FIELDS
"I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.” Luke 4:43-44 NIV
INAUGURATION OF MALAWI: The inauguration of ECWA Malawi is scheduled to take place 24th – 31st October 2017. Pray for funds and other provisions needed towards a successful inaugural exercise.
KENYA: Pray that God will provide $80,000 towards purchasing a land in Kenya for the purpose of ECWA Kenya Church and School projects.
- Praise God for Kaya Village converts in northern Burkina Faso who came to know the Lord during Pastor Dauda lliya’s film evangelism program; ask the Lord to sustain them in faith.
- Pray for God to bless ECWA Ouagadougou church with a place of worship outside the house they currently use for worship (most people are not comfortable worshiping in a house setting).
- Thank God for the grace given to George Mwila in Zambia to start two new prayer houses both in Kabwe and in Kapiri; pray for approval to use classrooms for discipleship to enhance the growth of these churches.
- Praise God for the peace ECWA Zambia is experiencing from the opposition who was blackmailing the church because it came from Nigeria.
- Pray for Rev. Kuzasuwat in Zambia as he disciples a young girl named Iriss who came to Christ recently. Pray for all members who live far from church as they find it difficult to attend weekly meetings.
- Thank God for His favor, protection and provision upon the family of Joseph Lazarus Sukukum as he works with many other indigenous pastors in Malawi.
- Praise God for His leadership over ECWA Malawi as they marked one year of having discipleship class and equally praise God for the revival of Friday Bible Study meetings.
- Pray for ECWA members in Malawi to experience spiritual growth and to be committed in things of the Kingdom.
- Pray for the financial secretary of one of the churches in Malawi who lost his job, pray for God to encourage him and provide another job for him.
- Pray for unity, strength, wisdom and God's direction for the pastors and fellowship group leaders in Malawi.
- Pray for the fire of revival to break out in Maradi, Niger Republic and for a volunteer missionary couple for Konni Prayer House.
- Praise God for the boldness that is gradually developing by some of the converts of Rev. & Mrs. Tanimu, such that they are not afraid to be seen with them anymore.
- Pray for stability of members in Panuma Prayer House and ECWA Niamey church.
- Keep praying for a complete healing of Mrs. Rev Likita Adamu Garba after undergoing surgery.
- Thank God for the successful baptism of six (6) members of ECWA Fidjdrosse, Benin Republic.
- Thank God for the successful completion of the purchase of ECWA Fidjdrosse Church land in Cotonou, Benin Republic. Pray for more of God's financial provision for the fencing and development of purchased land.
- Ask the Lord to provide a problem-free land for ECWA Godomey and Porto Novo mission fields in Benin Republic.
- Pray for the completion of the official registration of ECWA Benin Republic with the government.
WEEK FIVE – FOCUS ON OTHER PRAYER NEEDS
- Let’s not relent in praying that God should grant the church grace to dwell together in unity and love. Pray that He keeps far from us all self–will and discord.
- Pray that He endues His ministers with righteousness and enables them to faithfully fulfill their ministry to seek the lost.
- Pray that we may, in all our words and deeds, seek God’s glory and the advancement of His kingdom through Jesus Christ our Lord.
CHRISTIANS IN POLITICS
- Pray for more of God’s grace on all Christians in political leadership in our towns, cities, states, and nations.
- Ask the Lord to grant them wisdom in every decision, that they may have discernment and common sense to be strong and effective leaders. (Titus 3:5; James 1:5; Proverbs 3:21).
- Ask the Lord to help them to lead and govern with integrity (1 Kings 9:4; Proverbs 11:3a; Psalm 78:72; 1 Timothy 2:1–4).
MISSION AGENCIES: Ask God to re-ignite the passion of mission agencies and missionaries for soul-winning and discipleship of the nations. Pray that they will rise to the challenges of the end time with boldness and in the power of the Holy Ghost.
MISSIONARY KIDS AROUND THE WORLD: Pray for God’s continued blessings and protection for all missionary children. Also, pray that God will sustain them as they support their parents and love and serve Him in their generation.
EMS MINISTRY PARTNERS: Thank God for the lives of EMS ministry partners. Pray that God will sustain their families and their endeavors. Ask God to anoint them afresh and to rekindle their zeal for soul-winning and support of all our staff.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US IN THE MONTH OF AUGUST.
MORE GRACE AND GOD’S BLESSINGS AS YOU RELENTLESSLY PRAY WITH US THROUGH 2017. SHALOM!!!