SATURDAY 1ST Praise the Lord for ushering us into a new month in anticipation of his great blessings upon us as we strive to fulfill his purpose.
SUNDAY 2ND Thank God for the journey and the achievement so far in ECWA Benin Republic, the Lord provided a support of ten (N10m) through ECWA Portfolio Management Limited towards the needs of ECWA Benin Republic.
NOTE: EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THEREFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR:
A STEADY AND FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSIONS,
PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS,
FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH.
OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED BY GOD. PLEASE, ENDEAVORE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
MONDAY 3RD Thank God for the new converts God is bringing to the Gados in Niamey, Niger Republic their commitment and love for God are very evident.
- Thank God for the spiritual growth of the new converts and their relationship with the Lord. Thank God for the improved security situation in Niger Republic, even though there has been some challenges but God is keeping our missionaries safe as they move around for ministry
TUESDAY 4TH Appreciate God for the ministry of the Kuzasuwats in Zambia. Thank God for the commitment of the field volunteers they are working with in Zambia, despite the challenges of life and ministry they are moving forward to God’s glory.
WEDNESDAY 5TH Praise God for protecting the lives and properties of our missionaries in Borno DCC those in Chibok, Kautikari, and Madagali, Boko Haram invaded their places but God protected them and no harm came to them. Pray that God will continue to shield them from all harm and danger in their service to him.
THURSDAY 6TH Praise be to God almighty for his goodness and mercy over the lives of the missionaries’ families and churches in Togo despite the challenges therein God has been so faithful.
- Thank God for the progress of the mission work in Togo, missionaries and churches go out for evangelism often and on many occasions win souls for the Kingdom of God to the glory of his name.
FRIDAY 7TH Give thanks to God for the twelve (12) additional new supporters in the far North Region. Ten from Call of Hope in Germany under the supervision of Rev. Dr. Saleh Hussaini and 2 from the son of our former Vice President. Appreciate God for their commitment to the partnership with EMS in fulfilling the Great Commission.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13
SATURDAY 8TH EMS ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD OFFICE Ask God to sustain and strengthen the Head Office Staff and give them wisdom and insight in the discharge of their duties. Pray that their lives will be shining examples to others who they relate with in their day-to- day activities in the office and at home.
SUNDAY 9TH ECWA EXECUTIVES (EE) Ask the Lord to continue to lead the EE and fill them with the power of His Spirit. Pray that God will renew their strength even in the face of mounting challenges. Pray that they will receive grace to direct his church towards salvation for all.
MONDAY 10TH EMS BOARD MEMBERS Praise God for the life of EMS BOARD MEMBERS and their commitment to serving the Lord through EMS. Pray that even as they take very important decisions that will have impact on EMS entirely, the lord will be their guide.
TUESDAY 11TH EMS SUPPORTERS/PARTNERS Praise God for the life of our numerous SUPPORTERS/PARTNERS who despite the downturn of the economy over the years, have been relentless in their commitment to support EMS propagate the gospel by praying, giving and even engaging with us in the field. Ask that the Lord bless them and their families.
WEDNESDAY 12TH FAR NORTH REGION Pray for the salvation of souls in this region where there is stiff resistance to the spread of the gospel. Pray that God will continue to guide EMS as it implements new strategies of reaching out to the people of this region.
- Thank God for the release Mr. Samaila Umaru a member from Yartsaku prayer house who was kidnapped but was set free after a ransom was paid. But the kidnappers called that they are coming back for the second time. The family is thinking of relocating from their home to an undisclosed location. Pray for God’s intervention.
- Thank God that the issue of Goodnews Church GRA in Katsina has been resolved.
- Pray for the incoming Regional Coordinator Rev. Mazadu Korau that God will give him wisdom and direction as he coordinates the four DCCs.
THURSDAY13TH NORTH EAST REGION Praise God for healing the Regional Coordinator Rev. Yunana Misal who was down for some time due to ill health but is back on his feet. Ask God to give him as well as others working in the vineyard good health so that more souls will be won for his kingdom.
- Pray for God to open more door of finance to enable us cater for the new missionaries that were employed, but have not yet been taken to their stations due to financial constraints.
- Pray for the 68 new converts that gave their life to Christ, that God will strengthen their faith and help them to stand firm.
FRIDAY14TH NORTH WEST REGION KADUNA Thank God for two additional supporters in the month of December, ECWA English Service Dominion Avenue High Cost, Kaduna Kasuwan Magani and Women fellowship Goodnews Wusasa Zaria. Pray that God will bless and open more doors for them in their commitment to support the work of missions for the glory of God.
- Pray for God’s protection over the missionaries of Katarma, Kaure, Kurebe and Doka axis in Kaduna South and Kaduna Central DCCs some of them did not celebrate Christmas in their stations due to insecurity.
- Pray for our members that are in the custody of kidnappers for God’s intervention so that they will be released. Pray for Pastor Elisha Bilah our missionary in Zaria, who was kidnapped on 11/1/2020 and has not been heard from since then neither has any demand been made as of the time of writing. Pray that God will reveal his whereabouts.
- Pray for funds needed for the completion of the coordinator’s house in Kwassam and the station in Asham.
SATURDAY 15TH SOUTH NORTH-WEST REGION Praise the Lord for opening more doors for two of our supporters to continue partnering with us Mr. David Akare from Panda Dcc and Mrs. Handa Yako from Kurmin Musa. Ask God to bless them abundantly.
- Praise the lord for the two Ems stations, Jaja and Angwan Giwa that have been weaned into LCBs. Pray that they will stand firm in the faith and grow from strength to the glory and honour of God’s name.
- Pray for the mission conference that is coming up in May. Ask God to manifest his power mightily during the conference.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
This is the confidence that we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us Acts John 5: 14
SUNDAY 16TH CENTRAL REGION Praise God for the supporters and donors who he has touched to give generously for the progress of his work in this region. Pray that God will bless them abundantly. Appreciate God for two more donors that have pledged their support for EMS.
- Thank God for the 27 people that gave their lives to Christ in Garki. Ask God to nurture and strengthen them in the faith.
- Pray for Rev. Philemon Zakka the Coordinator of Garki Dcc and pastor Basso from Lokoja Dcc who both lost their beloved wives. Ask the Lord to continue to comfort them and their families.
MONDAY 17TH 1 SOUTH NORTH EAST Praise the Lord for the life of Zallah, one more soul who gave his life to Christ after series of prayer sessions. Praise the Lord for revealing himself to him and showing him the way to eternal life
- Ask God to raise more partners, supporters and donors who will work together with EMS to advance his kingdom in this region.
7TUESDAY 18TH SOUTH EAST REGION Appreciate God for the 16 people who were baptized. Ask the Lord to strengthen their resolve to serve him.
- Praise the Lord for the church land that was purchased as a permanent site for one of the mission stations through the help of the mother church in Abuloma.
- Pray that the 478 people witnessed to, will develop a desire to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Pray for our supporters, that God will continue to bless them and make them see the need to continue to support the work of missions. Ask God to raise more supporters for two Hausa speaking missionaries that are urgently needed.
WEDNESDAY 19TH EMS MISSIONARY KIDS/ FIELD MISSION SHOOLS Thank God for the progress of the schools. Pray that God will cause all the changes that are taking place to be for good and that our children will excel in their learning develop holistically.
- Pray for more professional missionary teachers in our schools, pray that God will raise more supporters so that more teachers will be engaged in the service of the schools.
- Pray that God will provide for parents to pay the tuition of their children this term.
- Pray that God will provide water for the school in Jos. Pray especially for provision of an additional borehole.
THURSDAY 20TH SOUTH WEST REGION Thank God for 95 souls that were won for Christ and 85 who rededicated there live to the Lord. Pray that the Lord will strengthen them in the faith.
- Pray for the Pastor Mantos Kaura Joseph and the school at Bagafu in Patigi. Pray for the Muslims who are withdrawing their children from the school that the Lord will give them a reason to return their children so that they will encounter the love of Jesus.
- Pray that God will encourage our missionaries working among the Nupe people in Patigi Dcc. Ask the Lord to unite the Hausa speaking churches and the other churches and give them unity of purpose. Pray that the devil will not take advantage of any differences that might exist among them to stop the expansion of the kingdom of God.
- Pray for divine healing for the wives of Pastor Abdullahi Bello and Pastor Emmanuel Musa Aruku who are suffering from ill health. Ask the Lord to heal the 10 members in Pastor Abamu Hosea’s station who are sick.
FRIDAY DAY 21ST NORTH CENTRAL REGION Appreciate the Lord for making it possible for the region to clear all the allowances of its missionaries. Ask God to bless all the supporters whose contributions made it possible.
Appreciate God for the JP Sisters from Jos who are passionate about missions. Thank God for using them to provide Holy Communion trays and cups for some prayer houses and medical care for the residents of a mission field station in Bauchi.
SATURDAY 22ND MID CENTRAL REGION Praise God for making it possible to complete the roofing of the Regional House. Ask God to provide the funds needed to bring the entire project completion.
- Thank God for the successful transfers our coordinators. Pray that God will direct them for the advancement of his ministry.
- Pray for the 14 souls won for his kingdom. Ask God to strengthen their faith and give him the desire to know him more.
SUNDAY 23ND MID EAST REGION Praise the Lord for providing funds for us to send the Regional vehicle to Kano for a new engine and other repairs. Thank God for the decision of ECWA Lafiya DCC to start paying the salary Of the EMS coordinator.
- Pray that God will raise support to send 58 missionaries to mission fields in this region
- Pray for the success of the upcoming EMS awareness in New Karu DCC and Nasarawa DCC. Ask the lord to move the people to see the need to support the work of missions in this region.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS-BORDERS MISSION FIELDS
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with the confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4: 16
MONDAY 24TH CROSS BORDERS CRITICAL NEED EMS is still trusting God for the sum of about N854M that is urgently needed for various critical Cross Borders Projects. Ask God to open doors for these funds to be raised so that this projects will be kick- started.
- Pray that our missionaries involved in Cross-Border work will be filled with the Holy Spirit so that they will be encouraged to stand firm and fulfill the great commission. Pray for the breaking forth of revival on our Cross Borders Fields.
TUESDAY 25TH BENIN REPUBLIC Pray for Pastor the family of Pastor Jacob Benjamin that God will help them to adapt to the new environment. Ask the Lord to give them wisdom and grace in this uncharted phase of their ministry in order for them to be effective.
- Pray for God to touch the lives of all the people that went and saw or heard of the needs of ECWA Benin Republic to respond positively towards meeting these needs.
WEDNESDAY 26TH NIGER REPUBLIC Pray for God’s provision and safety for the Gados in Niamey, Niger Republic. Ask God make to their ministry to be effective in every aspect.
- Pray for the spiritual growth of the new converts God is bringing in the way of the Gados to continue in their faith and to also be an encouragement for others to accept Christ.
- Pray for peace, the security agencies and the government of Niger Republic for God to lead and take control of every situation to the glory of his name
THURSDAY 27TH ECWA CHAD REPUBLIC Thank God for the progress of the EMS of ECWA missionaries’ ministry in Chad Republic. Thank God for many souls won for Christ in Chad Republic, pray for them to grow in their faith in Jesus.
- Pray for open doors towards meeting different missionaries’ needs in Chad Republic. There are urgent need of nine motorcycles for district coordinators and the national supervisor in Chad Republic, there is need for water in some mission stations in Chad Republic this is very critical. Pray for open doors towards meeting these needs please.
FRIDAY 28TH MALI Thank God for his provisions for the Amahs in Bamako Mali, they were able to successfully host a Christmas party for about 35 English speaking Prison inmates in the home church, sharing 30 gifts to the children and hosting the crossover night with about 24 Muslims neighbors and their wives. To God be the glory!
- Pray for our support base of ECWA Mali for the progress of the work in the permanent site in Koubala Coura, Baguineda.
- Pray for the humanitarian crisis there, we are trusting God for 5,000 bags of grains provision project among the 21 Dogon and Fulani villages where there was drought and the communal crisis prevented many from cultivating their farms last year, the same thing is happening again. Pray for peace in Mali, the one that only comes from Jesus Christ.
FRIDAY 29TH ECWA TOGO Praise God for the progress of the Theological school in Togo. Pray for God’s provision for the growth of the school in all aspects.
- Pray for God’s providence for the needs of EMS of ECWA Togo to enable them acquire church lands in Zanguera N 7.5m, Notse N3m, and University N20m. These places are the main towns that we need to capture with the gospel as a matter of urgency.
- Pray for God’s provision of motorcycles for EMS of ECWA Togo field, they need at least 5 motorcycles for the missionaries that are working in the interiors. Pray that God will raise support to meet these needs through his mighty power.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US THROUGH THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY, MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU RICHLY AND INCREASE YOUR FAITH IN JESUS NAME, PLEASE LET US CONTINUE TO PRAY WITHOUT CEASING!
Author: Rev. Simon Yako
Rev. Simon Yako is the EMS of ECWA Director. Rev. and Mrs. Simon Yako were the first couple to be sent to Togo, both graduates of Jos ECWA Theological Seminary (JETS). They both started work with EMS of ECWA as volunteer workers in 1985, and were formally engaged as EMS Missionaries three years later on July 6th 1988. On their initial engagement, they were sent to a home Mission in Ibil, Cross Rivers State in Nigeria.