EMS OF ECWA
PRAISE & PRAYER, JANUARY 2017
Prayer/Counseling hotline: 08033673654, 08051614880
Brethren, pray for us (1 Thess. 5:25)
WEEK ONE-FOCUS ON PRAISE/THANKSGIVING FROM HOME/FOREIGN MISSION FIELDS
“The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will
praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him." Ex 15:2
praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him." Ex 15:2
Thank God for a restful December we all had, and for crossing us over into the year 2017.
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROWFirst (1st) monday of every month is to be observed nationally and internationally as ems prayer and fasting day. Thererfore, all ems arms, missionaries, office staff, prayer partners and supporters should please endeavor to join the ems international head office in prayers. As we join faith and trust god in one accord with brethren around the world for a steady and a fruitful growth of the kingdom of god, peace and the salvation of nations, for revival and spiritual growth of the church. Our cooperate prayer time at the head office, is 8-9am, 12-1pm, and 4-5pm respectively. You can join us in prayers wherever you may be at those times or make out time of your own convenience as you are led to by god. Please. Just be sure to pray along as you fast.
Praise God for the growth of the Church in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- Praise God for the safe delivery of Pastor Dauda lIiya's wife, the family were blessed with a baby girl.
- Pastor Dauda Was in Nigeria to raise support for the mission work in Burkina Faso; Praise God for safety granted to him, also appreciate God for the churches, individuals, and families that responded promptly to some of the mission fields need in Burkina Faso.
Togo has being EMS long existing Mission base with quite a number of mission station in deferent locality of the country; praise God for progress EMS has and is recording through the selfless effort of its missionaries.
Praise God for the success of the baptism ceremony of 9 converts who completed their baptism class in Fidjrisse Cotonou, Benin Republic. Pray for more of God’s grace on them to keep being faithful in serving God.
Three of our Field Missionaries in Jakpa, Watisa and Lafia are currently using sport as a tool in reaching the youths and bringing back some of them to the Church; Praise God for the impact the sport ministry is making in the mission fields.
Praise God for the successful surgery of Mrs. Victoria M. Bunu the EMS City Ministry Nurse. And for the speedy recovery she is experiencing.
Men’s Fellowship of ECWA Ashaka donated 14 bicycles to be used for evangelism in rural places. Praise God for these gifts and ask the Lord to bless their efforts and increase upon them grace.
WEEK TWO -FOCUS IS ON EMS ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE AND HOME MISSION FIELDS“Those who manifest wisdom will shine like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars for ever and ever”. Daniel 12:3
SUNDAY 8TH EMS ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD OFFICE
EMS administrative office has embarked on a mass transfer of missionary staff from one mission field to another within and outside the country. Pray that all those who are being will turn out very effective in their new mission field and also pray for wisdom and favor as they relate with people at deferent levels at the course of their work.
MONDAY 9TH MIDEAST REGION-LAFIA
Sister Grace Linda is willing to go for a short term mission to any EMS mission stations and she has being approved to go to Kuduwa mission station under the mid-east region. Ask the Lord to protect her and also bless her experience in the mission field.
TUESDAY 10TH FAR NORTH REGION
An entire family encountered Jesus and has given their lives to Him but are currently being threatened by family members and the community. Pray for more of grace on them to stand strong; also pray that the Lord will grant wisdom on their relocation and resources for their up keep and discipleship.
WEDNESDAY 11TH CENTRAL REGION-ABUJA:
The Lord’s work in the Edo/Delta axes of this region is experiencing great progress. By God’s grace some of the mission station will be weaned to the DCC whiting the year. Ask the Lord to sustain these stations and increase their capacity.
THURSDAY 12TH NORTH EAST REGION
Pastor. Dauda G. Kallah, the EMS missionary serving in Waja area has gone to be with the Lord. Ask the Lord to comfort His wife and his six young children and also strengthen their faith in Him.
FRIDAY 13TH FAR NORTH REGION
Dungan Mu’azu is a community where one of our missionary is currently working. This community was recently attacked by Fulani headsmen as a result 8 people were killed. Pray that our missionary and other ministers of the gospel in this community will be safe from the attack of the wicked and that they and their families will shine the light of Christ even in the most turbulent times.
SATURDAY 14TH NORTH CENTRAL, JOS
2016 mission conference was held successfully in December 2016. It was a fruitful time as testified by all the missionaries who were in attendance. Ask the Lord to bless the seed that has being planted in the hearts of the missionaries. Also pray that God bless their works in 2017.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS ON OTHER EMS MISSION ARMS
SUNDAY 15TH: EMS OUTREACH EVANGELISM UNITE: PRAY
- That God will strengthen, encourage and protect the small number of Arab believers.
- That fear of persecution from relatives will not hinder “Seekers” as they consider the Gospel.
MONDAY 16TH EMS MEDICAL UNITE
Pray for provision of resources for the completion of Randa Mission Field Clinic.Also pray for God’s Healing on Mrs. Unenge Anthony, a missionary wife in the mid-east region, who suffers from kidney infection, and also for Pas. Samaila Ibrahim, a mission at Angwan Sarkin Noma mission station who was involved in a fertile accident.
TUESDAY 17TH EMS CHILDREN AND FIELD MISSION SCHOOL
Pray for God’s protection on all the pupils, students and staff in EMS children and Mission field School. Pray for more of God’s wisdom on the teachers for them to be able to impact the right knowledge on the children at all times.
WEDNESDAY 18TH: EMS MISSIONARY DRIVERS
EMS drivers travel a lot and are always on the road (Journey):
- Ask the Lord to give them firm hands, attentive eyes, prudence and perfect control so that they may drive and arrive safe at their destination.
- Pray that in 2017 no EMS driver will suffer any accident, hurt anyone or be the cause of anyone’s death.
- Ask the Lord to make them calm and patient in difficult traffic.
THURSDAY 19TH EMS SECURITY MISSIONARIES:
Pray for all EMS security personals to stay awake and make the right decisions in Emergencies.Pray for them to do the job that they were trained to do. Pray for their families for God to make them supportive and encouraging to them.
FRIDAY 20TH EMS SPORT MINISTRY
Ask the Lord to increase upon Rev. Emanuel Ali the EMS Sports Ministry Coordinator wisdom to plan and carry out sporting activities in all the regions through this year. Ask the Lord to favor him as he work together with missionaries and coordinators within every region.
SATURDAY 21ST EMS CITY MINISTRIES
- Pray for God’s blessings on all City Ministry donors and supporters who in obedient to God have generously donated large quantity of food items and Christmas clothing for the orphans and under- privileged children and adult in our orphanage homes and centers.
- Also ask the Lord to raise more helpers and supporters for EMS City Ministries.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS BOARDERS MISSION FIELDS"I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.” Luke 4:43-44 NIV
SUNDAY 22ND CROSS BORDERS CRITICAL NEED
EMS is still trusting God for the sum of about N300M that is urgently needed for various critical Cross Borders Projects. Let’s not relent in praying for this need.
- Let’s not relent in Praying for the formal registration of EMS/ECWA in cross borders mission fields-E.g. ECWA Niger, ECWA Mali, ECWA Kenya and others.
MONDAY 23RD ZAMBIA
- Pray for God's leading as ECWA Zambia considers who to send to the new prayer house she planted among the three young men being disciplined for ministry. Also pray for the support and funding of the new field.
- Pray for Christians in Zambia to be revived and come out of their coldness and complacency. Our Missionary testify of individuals who would come to church as if for window shopping – just following prayer houses without commitment.
TUESDAY 24TH ISREAL
- The Lord in His infinite mercy is sustaining EMS’ Mission works in Israel for His glory. The work in Tel Aviv continue to record progress as they partner with ECWA USA. Ask the Lord to sustain this partnership and growth.
- The Church in Tel Aviv rents a place for worship at the cost of 8,000 shekels ($2,500) every month. Pray for God to open doors for the Church to acquire a landed property to enable her function more effectively.
WEDNESDAY 25TH KENYA
Pray for peace and tranquility as the Nation prepares for the next general election slated for August 2017. As we trust God for a fair and truthful general elections, Pray that the contestants and political leaders would not succeed in dividing Kenyans especially believers along tribal lines during their campaigns.
THURSDAY 26TH ECWA CHAD
The official inauguration of ECWA Chad is scheduled to hold from the 20th to the 28th of March 2017. Pray for financial provision for all who are trusting God to be there. Also pray for safety in travels and for the success of the entire programme.
FRIDAY 27TH GHANA
- Ghanaians find it difficult to attend church worship in private houses. Especially in areas where our missionaries are targeting. The other option is to rent public schools but at the moment the Ghanaian government is discouraging the use of schools for religious purposes. Pray for us as we face the challenge of raising funds for building projects.
- Pastor Ribina is in dire need of a motorcycle as the work in the mission field keeps increasing with more targeted areas to reach out to. Ask the Lord to raise people who will meet this urgent need.
SATURDAY 28TH TOGO
- Pray for God to provide money for the translational work of ECWA documents going on in Togo and for those doing the translation work for a perfect work please. Pastor Sodji has really been Helpful in this regard, praise God for his life.
- The church building project in Kaboli is still pending due to financial challenge. Pray for God's provision of the total sum of ($5000 = N2, 000,000.00) to enable us embark on this building project.
- Pray for God to provide at least 5 motorcycles for the missionaries that are working in the interior parts of Togo to enable them to run the work effectively.
WEEK FIVE: FOCUS ON CHRISTIAN REVIVAL, HOMES, AND MISSION AGENCIES.“…Revive us so we can call on your name once more. Psalm 80:18
SUNDAY 29TH RIVIVAL
Pray that by the power of Your Holy Spirit Christians may remain firmly connected to Christ. So that we may be enabled to grow in grace and mature in our Christian walk.
Ask the Lord to Root out any bad attitude, foolish thoughts or wrong motives that may start to formulate in our mind, which may hinder our growth or infect our spiritual lives.
Also ask the Lord to help us to take every thought captive to Christ – so that we may become a fruitful branch and bear much fruit to the glory of God the Father.
MONDAY 30TH CHRISTIANHOMES
A very a good number of marriages were solemnized in last year (2016), especially in the month of December pray that these marriages will live up to God’s expectation in every area. Pray that the sweetness in Christian marriage will never be exhausted in these new homes.
TUESDAY 31TH MISSION AGENCIES
Acts 16:6-10 records Paul’s prevention by the Holy Spirit from going into Asia and the Macedonian call. Sometimes our mission plans require revision and flexibility:
- Pray for the flexibility of mission agencies as we must learn to trust God’s plan, not our own and be spiritually discerning.
- Pray that missionaries will be flexible in their planning and discern what God wants to accomplish through them.
- Pray that God would meet the financial obligations of every mission agency.
- Pray for the health, safety, and travel of the mission teams. Pray that mission teams will experience safe travel and health protection while on the mission trips in 2017.
WELCOME TO THE YEAR 2017 AND THANKS FOR JOINING US IN THIS PRAYER MINISTRY AGAIN. MORE GRACE AND GOD’S BLESSING AS YOU RELENTLESSLY STAND IN THE GAP IN PRAYER WITH US THROUGH 2017.SHALOM!!!