Praise God for sustaining EMS as an organization, protection and provision for missionaries and for safety in all our travels through the year 2018.
Praise God for the life of our numerous supporters and partners. Despite the overwhelming economic challenges in recent times, they have not relented in their commitments by praying, giving and also engaging with us in going to the mission fields.
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THEREFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSIONS, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED BY GOD. PLEASE, JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
Praise God for the calmness and normalcy that is returning to Kasuwan-Magani in the North West Region after the crises that erupted and claimed a handful of lives. Also, praise God for protecting our missionaries working in this locality that neither they nor their family members were injured or lost their life.
- Let’s not relent in praying for God’s divine cover over His children in Nigeria and in other parts of the world.
Praise God for the roofing of Zamfarawa station’s church auditorium by an anonymous supporter. Pray that God will bless him and his family.
Praise God for allowing ECWA Mali to be represented in the world mission conference in Abidjan on 29th October to 2nd November 2018; Praise God for the safety granted to all those who attended the conference.
Praise God for using ECWA WUSE2 to provide a motorcycle to Pastor Lawrence Nuhu who is in the mission field in Niger Republic for the propagation of the Gospel.
- Praise God for his sustaining grace on one of our new converts at Koukan Kwaddi, Niger Republic. Pray as he grows spiritually, that he would stand firm in the Lord’s mighty power.
Praise God for the efforts of Rev. & Mrs. Amos Olugbenga, a missionary couple in Benin Republic, for the commencement of a prayer house in Aglansa community. Many lives were saved and some rededicated their lives to Christ in the community as they intensified their efforts of reaching out to these people.
- Praise God for the successful completion of Mrs. Amos Olugbenga’s education program. They are indeed grateful to God and to EMS leadership for their support and encouragement.
Praise God for the fruitful evangelism organized by the Coordinator (Rev. Moise Batein). Pray for the spiritual growth of all converts made during the program.
- Praise God for the progress of the work of EMS in Cameroon and also pray for the commitment of all missionaries serving in Cameroon.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
But He said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose. Luke 4:43
EMS MANAGEMENT: Pray that EMS Management Team will continue to be faithful to God. Ask that He help them to always seek His direction in life and ministry.
EMS BOARD MEMBERS: Ask the Lord to please keep EMS Board Members humble and always relying upon him to give them the perfect wisdom and direction that they need to strategize and advise EMS leadership on how to move the ministry forward.
EMS SUPPORTERS: Ask the Lord to grant open doors for many who pledge to support EMS to fulfill their pledge.
ECWA EXECUTIVES: Ask the Lord to encourage ECWA Executives by the power of His Spirit. Let their souls be refreshed with the love of Christ. Let them have faith for the future. Ask that he help them to keep pressing forward even when the way is littered with landmines. Let them be refreshed by the fact that His grace is sufficient for them.
THE ECWA MINISTERS/STAKEHOLDERS: Ask the Lord to protect ALL ECWA PASTORS/MISSIONARIES from the deceitfulness of sin that we all are so prone to fall into. Pray that He guard and keep their hearts pure and tender. Pray that the Father keeps them close to Him and also burden their heart daily with the souls of the lost.
CENTRAL REGION – GARKI DCC: Praise God for adding three more partners to EMS from this region; Ask the Lord to bless them and to grant them grace to stay steadfast to their commitment to partner with EMS.
NORTH WEST REGION – KADUNA: Ask the Lord to comfort the families of Pastor Samanja Katuka, an EMS Missionary in the North West Region, who lost his wife to an accident.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
He said to them, “Let us go somewhere else to the towns nearby, so that I may preach there also; for that is what I came for.” Mark 1:38
MID CENTRAL REGION- KAGORO: Pray for the protection of our missionaries in some rural places in this region who have often been threatened by the Fulani herdsmen, especially during this harvest period.
SOUTH NORTH EAST REGION: JALINGO. Ask the Lord to grant peace and normalcy to the Yandang community who have been displaced as a result of attacks from terrorists. Pray especially for a firm foundation for the believers who can’t gather for worship in their usual churches. Also pray that the pastors of all the churches that are currently closed due to these attacks will stay focused and be guided in seeing areas the Lord will have them serve Him during this challenging period.
FAR NORTH – KATSINA DCC: Pray for the sick missionaries. Mohammed Seth from Kano suffers from an unidentified respiratory issue and Mrs. Emmanuel Adamu suffers from waist pain.
THE SOUTH EAST REGION: Pray for God’s wisdom as strategies are put in place to reach out to the 12 targeted unreached areas in this region.
MID EAST REGION: Pray for one of our stations called DARI Prayer Station, Arusu LCC, Keffi DCC. In this village 90% are idol worshippers and are in the practice of female circumcision there at the age of eight. Pray for one family convert who is now a member of ECWA. Pray for our field missionaries who are facing all sorts of challenges.
EMS CHILDREN/MISSION FIELD SCHOOLS: Ask the Lord to keep all our kids and teachers from all EMS Mission Field Schools safe during the Christmas break.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS-BORDERS MISSION FIELDS
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8
Praise God for a fruitful ministry in the 18 countries that EMS is reaching out to despite many obvious challenges faced by the office and the cross border missionaries. The Lord in His mercy has been faithful to His work in our hands from January until today.
ECWA CAMEROON: Pray for some of the EMS missionaries in Cameroon that are in dire need of motorcycles for God’s provision for the progress of the work.
ECWA TOGO: Pray for God to provide support for the completion of the building of a mission church in Kaboli that is ongoing.
- Pray for God to provide EMS of ECWA Togo with a vehicle for the purpose of coordination of the mission work.
- Pray for God’s provision to acquire a land for ECWA Togo Headquarters. Two hectares of land for ECWA HEADQUARTERS OF TOGO OFFICE is estimated to cost about Five Million Naira only (.5,000,000.00) in Sokode.
ECWA ZAMBIA: Praise God for a successful take-off of ECWA (Kawama) in Mufilira on 4th November, 2018.
- Thank God for Edith Fred Chitundu, the wife of our volunteer, who is working hard alongside her husband and Mrs. Kuzasuwat to build and encourage the women in this new mission station.
- Pray for Geoffrey Mulenga as he leads this new church in Mufilira.
ECWA MALI: Keep praying along with the Amahs for .5,000 bags of grains project among the 21 Dogan villages (not enough rains and the communal crisis has stopped many from going to their
- Keep praying for Rev. & Mrs. Amah’s partnership on children and film ministry in Mali for open doors and effectiveness.
- The foundation-laying process of the permanent site of ECWA Mali has stopped for lack of cash, please pray for God’s provision for the progress of the work.
BENIN REPUBLIC: Please ask God for support for Rev. Amos Olugbenga’s mentees who have made up their minds to attend Seminary.
- Pray that God will provide for EMS of ECWA so that more missionaries can be sent to the Benin Republic field as the ministry is gradually growing to the glory of God.
ECWA MALAWI: Pray and thank God for God’s guidance and protection over the Mamman’s who experienced a security challenge from unknown people after the two conferences that took place in Malawi this last quarter.
- Thank God for the successful completion of the Church and Community Mobilization Process (CCMP) training by the POD of ECWA within the month of October. Pastors and their wives, elders and some members participated in the training and it was a great blessing to the Church in Malawi.
- Ask the Lord to provide the church with a bus; it will cost .7,000,000 million kwacha, or .3.5 million naira.
- Pray for the Lord to provide a white board to be used for teaching the literacy class and the children. The estimated cost is 160,000 Kwacha (.80, 000 naira). The wife of the Coordinator, Mrs. Dituweh, needs that for effective ministry.
- Pray to God for His direction as Rev. Mamman searches for an apartment to rent close to the church in Blantyre.
ECWA KENYA: Praise God for the efforts of the Mutungas, our missionary couple in Kenya, in running a primary school in Tukwila, Nairobi. Recently some additional classes were built and more students have enrolled in the school.
- Pray for God to provide a land for the church and a bus for every day running of the ministry and conveyance of pupils from the community.
- Pray for God to raise workers so that ECWA will find good footing for greater work in the years ahead.
- Pray for our missionary, Pastor Mutunga, for God’s grace as he desires to be faithful in discharging his duty.
ECWA NIGER REPUBLIC: There is a need to send the three new converts who gave their lives to Christ to a discipleship center for security and prompt spiritual growth. Pray that God will give Pastor & Mrs. Lawrence Nuhu the wisdom and discernment as they search for a good center.
- Pray for the village of KOUKAN KWADDI, that God would open their spiritual eyes to see the light of salvation and accept Jesus Christ to be their LORD and SAVIOR.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US THROUGH THE YEAR 2018. MAY THE LORD RENEW YOUR STRENGTH AND ALSO INCREASE UPON YOU GRACE AS YOU CONTINUE WITH US IN THIS PARTNERSHIP. SHALOM!!!