For Christ’s love compels us, … he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 2 Cor. 5:14-15
A personal encounter with Christ is necessary for a believer to respond to God’s compelling love and live only for Him. The following ten traits are characteristic of those who live for and serve Christ out of love and not out of duty.
- Living to please Christ is the only passion that drives you daily.
- You will do His will with joy.
- You will always have the energy to do what pleases God.
- You will pay whatever price and endure any inconvenience to do His will.
- Whether you are appreciated, acknowledged, renumerated, or not, you will continue to serve.
- You will give it your best effort and prime time.
- You will not need a supervisor looking over your shoulder before you do your assignment.
- It will be visible to everyone that you love and enjoy living for God.
- Your tasks will be profitable.
- God will get all the glory.
Author: Rev. Sunday Bwanhot, ECWA USA DCC Chairman
Rev. Sunday Bwanhot is a missionary to America serving with SIM/ECWA. He is an Economist by profession and has worked as a Statistician with Kaduna State Government. He later pioneered and managed the Challenge Press of ECWA in Jos before God’s call to pioneer the Prayer Ministry of ECWA in Jos, Nigeria. In 1993, God called him to Chicago as a missionary and has been serving there since 1995 to date. Currently, he pastors ECWA Chicago which he planted and serves as the Chairman of the ECWA USA District Church Council. Loves being a grandpa of 8 grandchildren and enjoys writing.