Believers are in a race not to qualify for eternal life. Our qualification is a done deal by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. We run to glorify God, showcase our victory over Satan, sin, and death, and effectively attract the unsaved to the Savior. Follow these ten tips for a glorious race throughout 2023.
- Goal: As a child of God, you want to bring glory to God in every aspect of your life in 2023 (John 17:4).
- Focus: Set your heart on things above (Col. 3:1) and fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of your faith (Heb. 12:2).
- Nutrition: Like newborn babies, you should crave pure spiritual milk, which is the Word of God (1Pet. 2:2).
- Control: Be filled and controlled by the Holy Spirit, just like a person under the influence of alcohol (Eph. 5:18).
- Power: Stay connected to God, our only power source (1 The. 5:17).
- Fellowship: Run the race in the company of others; otherwise, you will not finish strong (Heb. 10:25).
- Service: Use your gifts and talents to serve the Lord by serving others (1Pet. 4:10).
- Faith: Trust and hold on to every Word of God. Trusting God is called faith which pleases God (Heb. 11:1, 6).
- Obedience: Do whatever God commands you to do even when it does not make sense (1 Sam. 15:22).
- Testify: You must testify about God to those the Lord will bring your way. Witnessing is the unfinished task we must all complete as Paul puts it: “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace” (Acts 20:24).
HAVE A BLESSED AND VICTORIOUS NEW YEAR, 2023!
Author: Rev. Sunday Bwanhot
Rev. Sunday Bwanhot is a missionary to America serving with SIM/ECWA. He is an Economist by profession and has worked as a Statistician with Kaduna State Government. He later pioneered and managed the Challenge Press of ECWA in Jos before God’s call to pioneer the Prayer Ministry of ECWA in Jos, Nigeria. In 1993, God called him to Chicago as a missionary and has been serving there since 1995 to date. Currently, he pastors ECWA Chicago which he planted and serves as the Chairman of the ECWA USA District Church Council. Loves being a grandpa of 8 grandchildren and enjoys writing.