Last month, 29th July – 4th Aug, EMS successfully brought back some of it’s cross border missionary couples from their foreign mission fields for a week of fellowship with two of our EMS missionary friends from the U.S. Praise God for the safety granted to all who made it for the program, for His provisions towards hosting the program, and for the success of the entire event.
Praise God for safety granted to EMS management staff who came for the management meeting on the 14th of August, 2018. Thank God for granting wisdom and discernment as they make decisions.
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROW
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THEREFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSIONS, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED BY GOD. PLEASE, JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
Praise God for His provision of finances to EMS to pay all the office staff and field missionary allowances for the month of August. Praise God for His blessings on our supporters who are tirelessly giving and praying for the progress of our ministry.
Praise God for the success of the program held in Maradi, Niger Republic by ECWA Wuse 2 in collaboration with Sport Friends Nigeria. Pray that the program will yield lasting spiritual results in the life of all the participants.
Praise God for the seventeen mission stations opened as local churches in Chad Republic. They are Gounou Ndolo, Koutoun, Bongor, Guidimi, Kolobeye, Guelende, Ambata, Ngonba, Goira, Figure 1, Djogogor, Missire, Mamina, Dagadla, Kaourang Kouzoudoum, Guelende 2
and Koundoul. Please pray for their growth and for the effectiveness of the missionaries in charge of these churches.
Praise God for His grace and faithfulness in the lives of our missionaries in Zambia, especially for our prayer house in Luanshiya, for enthusiasm to preach the gospel and receptivity in the people.
Praise God for His provision of funds to EMS House of Hope with which they were able to visit their targeted IDP camps in Bokkos LGA in Jos, Nigeria. The visit was of great success and the brethren who received gifts from EMS House of Hope were very encouraged.
Praise God for the completion of the pastorium in Makundu, Central Region by Good News Gwagwalada. To the glory of God the missionary has moved into the building
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ Matt 10:7 NIV
EMS SUPPORTERS: Praise God for the life of our numerous supporters and the 17 others who have just joined in this Kingdom project within the last two quarters of this year. Ask the Lord to bless them, their families and that he would grant them the grace to stay faithful to their commitment.
EMS BOARD MEMBERS: Pray that God will fill EMS board members with passion for the salvation of the lost. Ask that God will give His people passion for missions and church planting.
EMS MANAGEMENT TEAM
Praise God for the safety granted to EMS Management Team to Jos for management meeting holding today. Ask the Lord to give them unity and decisiveness in making wise choices as they lead EMS.
Pray that the Holy Spirit would fill ECWA E.E. and pastors with the love of God, a desire for purity, and also purge their hearts of resentments towards each other.
Pray for Pastor Benedict John in Kwara Prayer House. He is suffering from a spiritual attack from a local evil spirit called GAJIMARE; the pastor is currently sick as a result of these attacks and is in dire need of our prayers.
CENTRAL REGION GARKI DCC
- Ask the Lord to grant provision for clean drinking water in Kuseki, Pasali and Tungan Auta communities where our missionaries are
- Let’s also not relent in praying for the development of the lands donated to EMS in our various mission fields in this
Pray for the success of the mission awareness that will be holding in Suleja on the 22-23rd.
Pray that God will intervene in our Sulbawa Mission station in Mina, Nigeria, where the village head is refusing to grant us the purchase of a land for the building of a worship place. He has also instructed that the temporary shade built by the missionary for worship should be removed.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips…Ps 40:9 NIV.
NORTH WEST REGION – KADUNA DCC
Praise God for his provision for the fence building of the EMS children school Kufana. Pray for the success of the work and for the safety of all the workers; Also, pray for God’s blessings on everyone He has used to give for this project.
EMS HOUSE OF HOPE
Ask the Lord to grant us wisdom as we plan to relocate our boys’ transition house to an environment that will be away from the city’s distractions, for more creative and intentional discipleship.
SOUTH EAST REGION
- Pray for more of God’s provision for the completion of the church roofing in Ishiagu mission station.
- Let’s continue to seek the Lord to stir the hearts of many in this region to be willing to support the
- Ask the Lord to grant an opening for the provision of bikes for mission stations in need of mobility.
SOUTH NORTH EAST REGION
Ask the Lord to intervene and restore normalcy in Lau Local Government area of Taraba State, Nigeria, where about 13 churches have been deserted due to herdsmen attacks.
- Let’s keep praying that the Lord will grant provision for the Yamel DCC mission conference that is planned to be held in November 16-17th,
MID CENTRAL REGION-KAGORO: Ask the Lord to bring comfort on the family of Christiana John, an EMS supporter who has gone to be with the Lord.
FAR NORTH REGION
Pray for Adamu Garba in Malam Madori EMS Station whose house was invaded by thieves. Pray that the animals that were taken would be returned or replaced and for the thieves to encounter Jesus and surrender to Him.
- Pray for the 15 new converts in this region. May God strengthen and encourage them in their new.
NORTH CENTRAL REGION
Two Local Church Councils in Gwol DCC of this region with one mission station in Jiri, Miango DCC have been closed down due to recent attacks by the
Fulani herdsmen. Let’s not relent in praying for God’s intervention on these re-occurring attacks, especially on the church.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS-BORDERS MISSION FIELDS
As you go, preach this message: ‘the kingdom of heaven is near.’ Matt 10:7 NIV.
ECWA BENIN REPUBLIC
- Pray for God’s intervention and provision for the completion of the balance of the second church land purchased in Cotonou, Benin
- Pray for God’s provision for the construction of a temporary place of worship in Cotonou, Benin Republic.
- Pray for good working relationship between our missionaries in Cotonou, Benin Republic that will foster the progress of the work in the mission
- Pray that God will provide the manpower needed to start a prayer house In Aglansa, Benin Republic.
Let’s continue to pray for the life and commitments of three indigenous missionary families working with the Kuzasuwats in Zambia: George Mwila who is in Kabwe, Royd Nkonde who is in Kitwe, and Fred Chitundu who is in Chingola. Pray that their ministries will be fruitful.
- Let’s keep praying with Pas. & Mrs. Yohanna I. J. Mamman for wisdom and cooperation as they work alongside the newly-elected executives, pastors and
Praise God for the safe arrival of the Lazarus family back to the country from Malawi after serving for four years. Pray for more of God’s grace as they rest and begin ministry back home.
ECWA BURKINA FASO
- Pray for God’s wisdom and provision for the employment of volunteer evangelists as EMS missionaries for the progress of the work in Burkina Faso. Two have already been identified and their application is in
- Pray for God to provide a permanent place of worship For ECWA Ouagadougou as the missionary’s house can no longer accommodate all the worshippers. And Praise God for such growth!!
The need of clean water in some of our mission stations cannot be emphasized enough. Pray for God’s provision of these needs in the needy communities. This is the prayer request that come frequently from our missionaries.
Pray for the plan of the urban mission, especially in Ndjamena. A land has been spotted in the center of the town at the cost of 60.000.000Fcfa which is the equivalent to 120 USD Pray for God’s provisions to secure the land.
- Laying of the foundation for the permanent site of ECWA Mali has stopped for lack of cash; Let’s keep praying for open doors for the completion of this
- Praise God for the progress of the Youth Ministry of Rev. & Mrs. Amah, which is beginning to take shape. Let’s keep praying for the malaria music concert they are planning in October 2018.
- Pray for the school programs of Rev. & Mrs. Amah, which have been suffering attacks from the enemy (Students hardly continue to the end).
- Pray for more Soul-Winning strategies for the Amah’s in Jesus’.
ECWA NIGER REPUBLIC
- Pray for the issues of the resident (permit de Sejour) of Rev. Abdul Garba Kanawa in Maradi, Niger Republic.
- Pray for God’s provision of a permanent place of worship for ECWA Maradi. The church has been using the missionary’s house since it’s
- Pray for the involvement of the indigents to serve as EMS missionaries.
Pray against the cultural initiation (juju worship) that is in the increase. The juju worship is highly valued among many of the Chadian ethnic groups. Their tradition is that every young man must pass through the cultural initiation in order to be admitted to the rank of the matured men. This is a barrier to the penetration of the Gospel among Banda and God ethnic groups where our missionaries are working. Pray for God to break such power and bring about the liberation of his people in Jesus’ mighty name.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US THROUGH SEPTEMBER 2018.
MORE GRACE AND GOD’S BLESSINGS AS YOU RELENTLESSLY PRAY WITH US THROUGH 2018. SHALOM!!!