EMS OF ECWA
PRAISE & PRAYER, SEPTEMBER 2017
Prayer/Counseling hotline: 08033673654, 08051614880
Brethren, pray for us (1 Thess. 5:25)
WEEK ONE – FOCUS IS ON PRAISE/THANKSGIVING FROM HOME AND CROSS-BOARDER MISSION FIELDS
“Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits." Ps 103:2
Praise God for those who have come to know Him in August through the outreaches in EMS mission fields across the globe. Pray for many more to come to know Him. Ask that the witness and faithfulness of missionaries to the work of missions will be a beam of light that draws many more. Ask that God will continue to protect and provide for our missionaries and their families.
Praise God for granting EMS an opening to do a mission awareness in Pyakasa DCC in the Central Region on 2nd-3rd of September 2017; ask the Lord to make provisions towards the success of this program.
Praise God for the successful mission awareness that was held in Enugu DCC. Let’s keep praying that the impact of the awareness will yield great rewards of positive and enthusiastic responses from mission supporters from the South East Region.
NOTE: WE ARE FASTING TOMORROWFIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THEREFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSIONS, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR COOPERATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED BY GOD. PLEASE, JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
Praise God for the success He granted the majority of our children at the EMS House of Hope (GIDAN BEGE) who have finished their secondary school this year and had very good results. Ask the Lord to grant them admissions and funds to further their studies.
Praise God for providing funds to enable us to pay for the release of 13 prison inmates EMS is reaching out to through Gidan Bege.
Praise God for healing Pastor Phinehas’s wife, an EMS missionary working in Kume who was bitten by a snake. Let’s not relent in praying for the protection of all missionaries from any kind of reptile attack.
Praise God for taking good care of the mission work in Togo and giving His grace to Pastor Azariah to be equipping missionaries for the effectiveness of the work both in Southern and Northern Togo.
- Praise God for ECWA Togo General Church Assembly 2017 which took place in Soloumbia on the 10th-13th /5/2017. This year’s Assembly was of great success as participants testified to have experienced transformation and growth in ministry.
Praise God for the revival in various mission stations in Makurdi DCC, most recent of them is the Idoma Rural Outreach that was led by Pas. Stephen Dogo from the 28th – 30th of July 2017. It was really a huge blow to the kingdom of the devil, because lives were won to Christ as a result of the outreach and a small prayer house was started. Ask that the Lord will sustain this new planted church.
Praise God for the lives of Mr. & Mrs. Nda David who took it upon themselves to single-handedly build a pastorium in Lafia DCC, which was successfully completed and is ready for use. Ask the Lord to replenish their effort and increase upon them grace for such selfless service for the Kingdom.
Praise God for the new prayer house started at Sonre, Burkina Faso with 12 people on the first day of meeting. Ask the Lord to sustain this church.
- Praise God for blessing Pascal Kabore, a very committed member of ECWA Ouagadougou, with a job and a motorcycle. This provision has aided in strengthening his faith in the Lord.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS“Those who manifest wisdom will shine like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars for ever and ever”. Daniel 12:3
NORTH EAST REGION- GOMBE: Let’s keep praying for God’s divine protection and encouragement for missionaries and pastors working in the Borno areas as they are faced with recurrent terrorist attacks, especially in the villages.
MID-EAST REGION-LAFIA: Pray for the Mid-East region for strength and determination, from both the missionaries, the coordinators and supporters, as they coordinate and execute the planned outreaches and programs of church planting going on intensively in the region.
NORTH WEST REGION – KADUNA: Ask the Lord to grant an opening for provision of a good source of water for Jaja Village that is in dire need of clean water, especially for drinking.
- Ask the Lord to intervene over the recurrent kidnapping issues in Kasuwan Magani DCC; also pray for the safety and release of pastors and members from this area who are still held captive.
MID-CENTRAL REGION: Praise God for the Regional Coordinator’s official house project that has begun; pray for more of God’s provision to enable the completion of the project soon.
NORTH CENTRAL REGION:
- Praise God for providing four (4) plots of land for the coordinator’s official apartment; ask the Lord to sustain this provision to enable the pickup of the building project soon.
- Also pray for the success of the upcoming North Central Region mission field’s visit with mission supporters, mission committee and other mission-minded individuals from this region.
FAR NORTH REGION – MALUMFASHI: Satan is attempting to destroy the ministry work of Rev. Danjuma Sani, an EMS missionary. The devil has often manipulated his son into picking things unconsciously; as a result he has been expelled from his current school after being accused of stealing. Let’s ask the Lord to deliver this child who regrets the act as soon as it dawns on him that he has picked something that does not belong to him.
EMS SUPPORTERS: Despite the dwindling Nigerian economy in recent times, EMS supporters in this part of the world have not relented in their commitment to supporting the work of missions through EMS. Let’s ask the Lord to increase upon all supporters the perseverance to stay committed and that God’s blessings will increase upon the work of their hands.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS ON OTHER EMS MISSION ARMS“Those who manifest wisdom will shine like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars for ever and ever”.Daniel 12:3
EMS CRISES RELIEF & PROJECT UNIT: Pray for the safety of persecuted Christians especially in Nigeria. Pray that they consider the God and the Gospel worthy of any suffering.
- Pray for God to provide resources needed by EMS to reach out to its targeted areas of crises victims around Nigeria.
EMS MEDICAL UNIT:
- Praise God for the restful annual vacation that Mr. Samuel Ijah, the EMS medical coordinator had. Ask the Lord to grant him excellent spirits as he implements new strategies into his work.
- Pray for God’s healing on: Rev. Kefas Ma’de, Rev. Damina Yusuf, Pas. Mamadu Aliand, who are all EMS missionaries and their family members who are suffering from poor health.
EMS SPORT UNIT: Considering the increase in sport’s impact especially on today’s youths, continued development of relevant strategies on how to use sports for ministry is very crucial. Ask the Lord to increase upon Rev. Emanuel Ali, the EMS Sports Ministry Coordinator, and wisdom to develop such strategies for effective EMS sports ministry.
EMS CHILDREN/MISSION FIELDS SCHOOLS:
- Ask the Lord to provide resources for missionary parents to allow them to pay their children’s school fees for the new academic session.
- An anonymous pastor has begun mobilizing people to raise a minimum of N600, 000 every term to provide scholarships for at least 30 EMS missionaries’ children to attend Junior Secondary School. Ask the Lord to grant His servant (the pastor) favor before men and to also grant him strength not to relent in this effort to mobilize people to join in.
EMS CITY MINISTRIES: Ask the Lord to grant grace to the six cops who were deployed to do their primary assignment in our ministry.
- Pray for the new children’s interviews that are ongoing, that the Lord will help us to take truly needy children into the ministry.
M.B. CONVERTS: Pray for the safety of new converts. Ask that God will keep them growing in faith and that they may not be afraid to speak about Him.
- Pray that those who are yet to accept Jesus into their lives will be convicted of sin and know true repentance. Pray that they would experience God's total forgiveness and thus be able to forgive others.
EMS TRAINING UNIT: Let’s keep praying for:
- The N1, 500,000.00 (one million, five hundred thousand naira) needed for EMS to be able to provide a stipend of N25, 000 each to our Missionaries on training for 2017.
- The provision of N900, 000.00 to enable us to carry out our retirees' seminar for 2017.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS BORDERS MISSION FIELDS"I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.” Luke 4:43-44 NIV
ECWA TOGO: Praise God for the successful Church elections in Togo, beginning from fellowship groups, local church leaders at the zonal level and National level. Ask the Lord to grant leadership grace to all the elected so they could lead effectively and passionately.
BENIN REPUBLIC: Praise GOD for the progress of the mission works in Benin Republic. Ask the Lord to sustained the hospital evangelism that has commence and has been yielding positive results as sick people are been witness to, we keep receiving testimonies of how the Lord in his infinite mercy is reaching out to them.
ECWA MALI CHURCH:
- Praise God for the Amahs, they are presently having a vocational school with about twelve (12) students who among them are three (3) Muslims. Ask the Lord to sustain this school vision and that many children would be reached with the gospel through this medium.
- Pray for the issue of the theological training of Hamidou, Rev. Amah's disciple in Mali, for God to provide him with admission to either JETS or Kagoro.
ECWA CHAD REPUBLIC: Praise God that so many are coming to Christ in Chad Republic. Ask that their faith be genuine and growing. Pray that they may be bold and courageous as they stand firm in the face of evil; pray they would be strengthened by the Holy Spirit.
UGANDA: Uganda is one of the countries EMS of ECWA is targeting with the gospel. With the recent survey that has been completed, the interior unreached areas are in dire need of the Gospel. Ask that the Holy Spirit should rain down on Uganda and draw millions unto Him, pray that He pull them out of the darkness and into the Light. Also pray that He reveal Himself to the nation, and also multiply the efforts of the missionaries already working in Uganda; grant them boldness, strength to labor tirelessly & fearlessly, multiply their labor and also loosen their tongue to speak the Gospel.
- EMS is passionately praying to send a missionary couple to be part of the Ugandan harvest, Pray that the Lord will raise a mission minded couple to be sent and for the resources needed for their up keep.
ECWA GHANA: Ask the Lord to protect the church in Ghana and strengthen the believers to live for Him.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER. MORE GRACE AND GOD’S BLESSINGS AS YOU RELENTLESSLY PRAY WITH US THROUGH 2017. SHALOM!!!