NOTE: WE ARE FASTING ON THE FIRST
FIRST (1ST) MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS TO BE OBSERVED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY AS EMS PRAYER AND FASTING DAY. THEREFORE, ALL EMS ARMS, MISSIONARIES, OFFICE STAFF, PRAYER PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE ENDEAVOR TO JOIN THE EMS INTERNATIONAL HEAD OFFICE IN PRAYERS. WE JOIN FAITH AND TRUST GOD IN ONE ACCORD WITH BRETHREN AROUND THE WORLD FOR A STEADY AND FRUITFUL GROWTH OF THE WORK OF MISSIONS, PEACE AND THE SALVATION OF NATIONS, FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH OF THE CHURCH. OUR CORPORATE PRAYER TIME AT THE HEAD OFFICE IS 8-9AM, 12-1PM, AND 3-4 PM RESPECTIVELY. YOU CAN JOIN US IN PRAYERS WHEREVER YOU MAY BE AT THOSE TIMES OR MAKE OUT TIME OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE AS YOU ARE LED BY GOD. PLEASE, JUST BE SURE TO PRAY ALONG AS YOU FAST.
Praise God for sustaining EMS as an organization and thank Him for protection and provision for missionaries and for safety in all our travels from the last quarter of this year to this present one.
Praise God for His provision of finances to EMS to pay all her staff and field missionary allowances for the month of September.
Praise God for the provision of a motor bike by ECWA Bishara 1 Jalingo to be used in the South North East Region. Ask the Lord to bless the donor.
Praise God for adding two more supporters to EMS from the North West Region: Men’s Fellowship Kwoi DCC and the family of Elder J. I. Buzum.
Praise God for the completion of the EMS Children School Kufana’s fence. Praise God for the success of the work and for the safety of all the workers; also pray for God’s blessings on all those who gave to the project.
Praise God for the safe arrival of Rev. John Tortuman and his family in Ghana, who are taking over the ministry from the Nadabos who have returned to Nigeria safely. Ask the Lord to grant ministry grace on both the Tortumans as they continue from where the Nadabos stopped and for the Nadabos as they pick up another ministry here in Nigeria.
WEEK TWO – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ Matt 10:7 NIV
SUNDAY 7TH EMS 2ND MISSION SUNDAY
Pray for the success of the EMS Mission Sunday which is being observed by all ECWA churches across the globe today. Ask the Lord to stir the hearts of men to give generously towards the vision of ECWA to win all by the propagation of the Gospel.
MONDAY 8TH SOUTH NORTH EAST REGION
- Pray for the ongoing plans to wean the following mission stations before the year runs out: M/Baissa, Kungana, Ussa, Isukudi and Ungwan yarima Mission Stations.
- Pray that peace and stability will be restored fully in Taraba so that those who fled the attacks can return to their homes, farm lands and places of worship.
- Let’s not relent in praying for God’s continuous protection over converts in Gaji Mission Station who are being persecuted by traditional worshipers; these converts have also been stripped of their farmlands because of their faith.
TUESDAY 9TH EMS MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Pray for safety for all management members as they travel to attend their monthly meeting, which holds today at the EMS Headquarters in Jos.
- Ask that God will grant satisfaction and joy to all EMS Management members in the performance of their work.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit’s guidance during the meeting.
WEDNESDAY 10TH EMS BOARD MEMBERS
Pray that EMS board members may live worthy of God’s call on our lives. Ask that as they respond to that call, may they fulfill every purpose, every faith-filled act of service by God’s power. Ask that they be clothed in righteousness with hearts that sing for joy and delight greatly in God as they think and advice EMS on crucial ministry issues that will enhance our growth.
THURSDAY 11TH EMS SUPPORTERS
Ask the Lord to grant healing to all EMS supporters at every level who are currently suffering ill health. Pray that the Lord will increase upon all supporters the perseverance to stay committed to praying and giving for the work of missions and that God’s blessings will increase upon the work of their hands and on their families.
FRIDAY 12TH ECWA EXECUTIVES
Thank God for the servant heart of the ECWA EXECUTIVE. Ask that He keep them from losing heart when ministry gets tough. Ask the Good Father to help them prove faithful with the things He has entrusted to them. May the Spirit reveal the Father’s heart to them even more. May the Lord’s favor rest upon them. Pray that He keeps them open and honest before Him and help them to represent the truth plainly.
SATURDAY 13TH ECWA MINISTERS/STAKEHOLDERS
Pray that ECWA ministers and stakeholders at every leadership level wholeheartedly give their attention to prayer and ministry of the Word. Ask that God should keep them above reproach, devoted to their families, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable and able to teach. May they be gentle and honest as they deal with people.
WEEK THREE – FOCUS IS ON EMS HOME MISSION FIELDS
I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips…Ps 40:9NIV
SUNDAY 14th CENTRAL REGION GARKI DCC
- Ask the Lord to grant comfort to the family of our missionaries, Pas. Hussaini Yohanna and Pas. Dimas Yinguda who lost their sons last month.
- Ask the Lord to provide funds to build worship places in Fapo, Koji, and Eforo mission stations.
MONDAY 15TH FAR NORTH WEST REGION
- Pray that God will intervene over the recent natural disaster that occurred as a result of heavy downpour and wild wind which affected a good number of people in the far northern part of Nigeria.
- Let’s continue to pray for the church in Zamfara State which is frequently attacked and thus unable to meet for regular services. Pray that the Christians would not be discouraged, but would stand firm in their faith with a soft heart for unbelievers.
TUESDAY 16TH NORTH WEST REGION – KADUNA
- Praise God for the new EMS Mission Field School that was opened in Kigin Giri Mission Station with 70 kids as pioneering pupils.
- Pray that God will grant grace on the missionary and the teachers and that He would provide what the school needs to thrive.
- Pray that many unbelieving children in this community and their parents will encounter the Lord through this school ministry.
WEDNESDAY 17TH NORTH EAST REGION – GOMBE
- Ask the Lord to grant comfort to the family of our missionary, Pas. Yakub Zaradi who lost their son last month.
- Let’s keep praying for more of God’s grace and strength on Halima Audu who gave her life to Christ and has been facing a lot of persecution and hardship.
THURSDAY 18TH SOUTH EAST REGION
Ask the Lord to stir the hearts of many in this region to be willing to support the work. Ask the Lord to grant an opening for the provision of bikes for mission stations in need of mobility.
FRIDAY 19TH SOUTH NORTH EAST REGION
Ask the Lord to grant provision for the Yamel DCC mission conference that is hoped to be held November 16th, – 17th, 2018.
SATURDAY 20TH NORTH CENTRAL REGION-JOS
Ask the Lord to grant EMS supporters in this region open doors and grace to meet up with their commitments of sponsoring missionaries. Due to the decrease of support, we have outstanding arrears of N1, 662,421.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON OTHER EMS MISSION ARMS
“The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and the one who is wise saves lives” (Proverbs 11:30, NIV)
SUNDAY 21ST EMS CRISES RELIEF & PROJECT UNIT
- Praise God for the success recorded in EMS efforts to reach out to needy individuals and communities in crisis.
- Pray for Brother Mark Na’ah for God’s wisdom and protection as he mobilizes resources and travels to reach out to selected needed communities throughout this last quarter of the year.
- Pray for pastors, churches and Non-Government Organizations that they would be equiped with all they need to bring aid to crisis-affected areas in Nigeria.
MONDAY 22ND EMS CHILDREN/MISSION FIELDS SCHOOL & EMS HOUSE OF HOPE
- Pray that the students and pupils in EMS children/mission field school & EMS House of Hope will recognize their need for a vibrant and intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus.
- Pray for God’s continued provision for needs of these schools. Pray also for the teachers, that they would remain steadfast in their spiritual walk, be renewed daily, and exemplify
Christ in their daily lives.
- Ask the Lord to grant more patience and wisdom to all the men and women who are caring for these kids.
TUESDAY 23RD MISSIONARY CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD
Ask God to please cultivate in missionary children the ability to have true humility before Him and to show true humility before all. Ask God to cloth them with the virtue of compassion and may honesty and integrity be their crown and their protection.
WEDNESDAY 24TH EMS TRAVEL UNIT
Ask the Lord to guide and protect EMS drivers from accidents and keep them free from harm of any sort on their journeys this last quarter of the year. Pray that He would support them with His grace when they are tired and also help them to be patient in any trouble which may come their way. Ask that He keep them always mindful of His presence and love.
THURSDAY 25TH EMS WIDOWS
Ask the Lord to bring these women courage and enable them to care for their families. Pray many people in the Church will care for them as we are commissioned in James 1:27.
FRIDAY 26TH EMS MEDICAL UNIT
Pray for God’s healing on: Pas. Samuel John, Pas. Habila Joshua, Pas. Harline Mela, Pas. MagajiSani, Mrs. Ruth Dikko, and Mrs. Christiana Bulus.
SATURDAY 27TH SOUTH NORTH EAST REGION
Let’s keep praying for God’s continued protection over converts in Gaji mission station who are been persecuted by traditional worshipers; these converts are also been stripped of their farmland because of their faith.
WEEK FOUR: FOCUS ON CROSS-BORDERS MISSION FIELDS
As you go, preach this message: ‘the kingdom of heaven is near.’ Matt 10:7 NIV
SUNDAY 28TH ECWA CHAD
Pray for ECWA Chad to be self-sustaining, self – supporting and self- propagating and will shine out the light to represent all that ECWA exists for in the love of God and the propagation of the Gospel of Christ.
MONDAY 29TH EMS/ECWA TOGO MISSION FIELD
- Pray for God to provide support of a borehole for both Tota Village and Kedjida Cope Villages which amounts to N150, 000 Naira each.
- Pray for God’s provision for us to be able to build the mission church in Kaboli. The building cost is N2, 000,000.00.
- Pray for God to provide at least 5 motorcycles for the missionaries that are working in the interior parts of Togo to enable them to work effectively.
TUESDAY 30TH ECWA KENYA
- Pray for the growth of the ministry school that was started by Pst. & Mrs. Mutunga. Pray that this school will continuously serve as a platform by which many will be saved.
- Pray that God will send workers to help plant churches in areas identified for church planting in Kenya.
WEDNESDAY 31TH ECWA ZAMBIA
By God’s grace, two volunteers have been found and have replaced the ones that withdrew their services from the Zambian field. Pray for the two volunteers that have given themselves to serve as church planters that God would use them for His glory. Pray that God would open a way of funding their ministry by raising supporters.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US THROUGH OCTOBER 2018.
MORE GRACE AND GOD’S BLESSINGS AS YOU RELENTLESSLY PRAY WITH US THROUGH 2018. SHALOM!!!